Associate - Project Monitoring (Building Consultancy & Lease Exit)
About Gerald Eve LLP
Gerald Eve provides property consultancy services to investors, occupiers and developers. We operate a national network of nine offices and an International Alliance, with partner firms covering 20 European countries and all major US markets. Our specialist sectors include industrial and logistics, alternative markets, the London office market, public sector and corporate real estate services.
Gerald Eve’s partners take pride in their reputation as leading experts and our highly regarded sector specialist teams continue to attract the best talent in the market. We offer comprehensive property advice to public and private sector clients, which includes over 40 of the FTSE100 and some of the largest property portfolios in the UK. Clients benefit from long-term trusted advisor relationships, with client teams providing advice across the full spectrum of property services.
What sets us apart from our competitors is the way in which we value our people, our size and open plan workspace which supports collaborative working. Gerald Eve thrives as a privately-owned partnership and the “we are all in this together” approach is respected across the business. Our values define our culture: Trust and Integrity, Respect, Friendliness and Excellence. We are a previous Times 100 Best Employer and Estates Gazette Employer of the Year 2018. Our Diversity approach is central to the business, championed by our Senior Partner, Simon Prichard, who is currently Chair of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) UK and Ireland Board.
What is it like to work at Gerald Eve?
Most new joiners to Gerald Eve remark on the friendly welcome they receive from colleagues. From lunch-time yoga and pilates classes, sports teams and book and chess clubs to pro bono and charity work, we strive to strike the right balance between work and social activities. In 2018, we won the Vitality Healthiest Workplace in the UK award (mid-sized firm) and we encourage healthy eating and mental wellbeing across the business.
We are a responsible business and recognise that our staff often benefit from flexible, agile working arrangements, something we are open to exploring with candidates.
About the Team
The Development Monitoring Team sits within the Building Consultancy group. The Group provides Building Surveying, Lease Exit, Project Management and Project Monitoring Services to commercial property occupiers, developers, and investors throughout the UK from our offices in London, Birmingham, Manchester and Glasgow.
We enjoy strong and productive relationships with a first rate client base and with many other parts of the business, including our Agency, Investment, Valuation and Asset Management teams and continue to grow alongside the wider business.
In 2020 we established a dedicated Project Monitoring team to drive forward our ambitions in this area, focusing on higher value developments throughout the UK and beyond. The initiative has been extremely successful and well received by our clients. We have secured a strong orderbook of long-term work, but we want to develop this business further and expand our capacity.
Our work at the present time is across a variety of sectors including Hotels, Offices, large residential/mixed use town centre development, speculative industrial, bespoke big box distribution warehousing and, affordable housing. Our schemes typically range from £10m - £250m build costs.
This is an opportunity for a well-motivated, client facing individual to help develop a new business within the existing Gerald Eve organisation. The core functions of this role will be to identify and secure new instructions, carry out complete technical appraisals of schemes providing our clients with the highest quality technical advice set in a commercial context. You will complete the monitoring phase of the instructions through regular inspections of the works, appraisal of on-going design development and assessment and management of the development finance drawdown mechanisms.
• To help lead development of the project monitoring team in relation to joint ventures, forward funding and bank clients.
• To build a portfolio of key client relationships, both internally and externally, founded upon technical expertise, enthusiasm and outstanding communication skills.
• To assist in management of more junior members of the team, ensuring that they fulfil their potential.
• Produce regular detailed reporting of the highest standard to clients often under challenging deadlines.
• MRICS qualified
• Quantity Surveying or Building Surveying background, although other experience will be considered.
• First rate report writing ability
• Proven IT skills, including high-level Excel competency
• Well organised, efficient, uses initiative and able to work to tight deadlines
• Excellent written/communication skills with an eye for detail
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, coupled with an eye for detail
• A commitment to excellence and developing strong client relationships
• Flexible and self-motivated with a real desire to deliver excellent customer service
• Positive attitude, the desire to work in a dynamic fun environment and to take control of you career development.
Salary and benefits
• Salary: competitive based on market, professional experience and qualifications
• Car allowance
• Performance related staff profit share scheme
• 26 days’ holiday, plus Bank Holidays and days at Christmas and New Year.
• Pension scheme membership (after initial probationary period)
• Life and Accident insurance
• Group income protection scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• Critical Illness Cover
• Wellbeing Allowance
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
• Interest Free Rental Deposit Loan
• Employee assistance programme
• Enhanced maternity and paternity pay after two years’ service
• Professional subscription (MRICS) paid for by the firm
Alongside our competitive compensation and benefits package, we offer all our staff the ongoing opportunities to learn and develop, through in-house CPD sessions, further education support as well as an internal and external training program. Gerald Eve encourage pro-bono work and volunteering as well as regular social and sporting activities to engage with all your colleagues.
Your progression will be supported and guided by managers and mentors using a transparent framework so you can clearly see what you need to do to get to where you want to be.