About Gerald Eve LLP
Gerald Eve is a firm of international property consultants based in the UK. We operate a national network of nine offices and an international association covering 20 European countries and all major US markets. Whether you are a property owner, investor, occupier or developer, Gerald Eve provides independent, intelligent and relevant advice based on detailed market knowledge and sector understanding.
We provide comprehensive property advice to public and private sector organisations and our clients – including over 40 of the FTSE100 – hold some of the largest property portfolios in the country. Our employees are tasked with providing intelligent and commercial solutions to ensure our clients’ portfolios deliver the maximum return possible.
What sets us apart from our competitors is the way in which we value our people, and the values that are at the core of our business: Trust and Integrity, Respect, Friendliness and Excellence.
About the Team
The Building Consultancy Group provides Building Surveying, Lease Exit and Project Management Services to a predominately commercial client base of occupiers, developers, financiers and investors throughout the UK, and has grown steadily in recent years
The Group enjoys strong and productive relationships with a first rate client base and with many other parts of the business, including our Agency, Investment, Valuation and Alternative Market teams.
We now require an experienced commercial surveyor to join our core Building Surveying team, with an emphasis on professional services, to include building surveys, project monitoring, technical due diligence, feasibility studies and planned maintenance advice.
• To provide first-rate building consultancy advice to a client base located primarily in London and the South-East of England.
• To build a network of key client relationships, both internally and externally, built upon technical expertise and outstanding communication skills.
• To take responsibility for the delivery of client mandates, working both on one’s own initiative and assisting on more complex projects.
The role will include a wide range of professional services including:
• Technical due diligence surveys
• Building condition reports
• Project monitoring
• Schedules of condition
• Building Reinstatement Cost Assessments
• Contract Administration
The role is client facing and would suit someone who is well presented, has good written and verbal communication skills, and is eager to learn. The candidate will be highly motivated, hardworking and with a can-do attitude who wants to be an active member within the London Building Consultancy team. You will have a broad background of experience and are now anxious to be given the opportunity to develop your career to the next stage.
Qualifications, skills and attributes
• MRICS (Building Surveying)
• Minimum 2 years’ relevant post-qualification experience across a full range of building surveying duties gained within a professional surveying practice.
• Well organised, efficient, using initiative and working to tight deadlines.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, coupled with an eye for details, a commitment to excellence and developing strong client relationships.
• Possess a proactive approach to problem solving and ability to follow these through to a satisfactory conclusion.
• Proven IT skills, including high-level Microsoft Word and Excel competencies.
• Flexible, confident and self-motivated with a real desire to deliver excellent customer service.
• Positive attitude and willing to learn with and develop the team.
• Able to identify areas of commercial opportunity for future development.
• Clean driving licence
Salary and benefits
• Salary: competitive based on market, professional experience and qualifications
• Performance related staff profit share scheme
• 26 days’ holiday, plus Bank Holidays and days at Christmas and New Year.
• Pension scheme membership (after initial probationary period)
• Life and Accident insurance
• Group income protection scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• Critical Illness Cover
• Fitness Allowance
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
• Interest Free Rental Deposit Loan
• Employee assistance programme
• Enhanced maternity and paternity pay after two years’ service
Alongside our competitive compensation and benefits package we offer all our staff the ongoing opportunities to learn and develop, through in-house CPD sessions, further education support as well as internal and external training programmes. Gerald Eve encourage pro-bono work and volunteering as well as regular social and sporting activities to engage with all your colleagues.
Your progression will be supported and guided by managers and mentors using a transparent framework so you can clearly see what you need to do to get to where you want to be.
The normal hours of work for this position are 0900hrs to 1730hrs, Monday to Friday. This position also involves out of hours working on an ‘as necessary’ basis.
The firm is an equal opportunities employer and applications from persons belonging to minority groups are encouraged.
Your personal data submitted and processed in relation to this job application will be stored and processed securely in accordance with our Data Protection policy. By submitting an application you are agreeing to your data being used, stored and processed for the purpose of recruitment.
The terms and conditions of this appointment may be varied by the firm to meet business requirements and/or to meet changes in best practice or legal requirements.