About Gerald Eve LLP
Gerald Eve provides property consultancy services to investors, occupiers and developers. We operate a national network of nine offices and an International Alliance, with partner firms covering 20 European countries and all major US markets. Our specialist sectors include industrial and logistics, alternative markets, the London office market, public sector and corporate real estate services.
Gerald Eve’s partners take pride in their reputation as leading experts and our highly regarded sector specialist teams continue to attract the best talent in the market. We offer comprehensive property advice to public and private sector clients, which includes over 40 of the FTSE100 and some of the largest property portfolios in the UK. Clients benefit from long-term trusted advisor relationships, with client teams providing advice across the full spectrum of property services.
What sets us apart from our competitors is the way in which we value our people, our size and open plan workspace which supports collaborative working. Gerald Eve thrives as a privately-owned partnership and the “we are all in this together” approach is respected across the business. Our values define our culture: Trust and Integrity, Respect, Friendliness and Excellence. We are a previous Times 100 Best Employer and Estates Gazette Employer of the Year 2018. Our Diversity approach is central to the business, championed by our Senior Partner, Simon Prichard, who is currently Chair of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) UK and Ireland Board.
What is it like to work at Gerald Eve?
Most new joiners to Gerald Eve remark on the friendly welcome they receive from colleagues. From lunch-time yoga and pilates classes, sports teams and book and chess clubs to pro bono and charity work, we strive to strike the right balance between work and social activities. In 2018, we won the Vitality Healthiest Workplace in the UK award (mid-sized firm) and we encourage healthy eating and mental wellbeing across the business.
We are a responsible business and recognise that our staff often benefit from flexible, agile working arrangements, something we are open to exploring with candidates.
About the Team
Our Planning & Development team currently comprises approximately 100 fee earners, based in London, Manchester, Birmingham and Leeds. We have a support team of 13 people who work collaboratively and effectively to support the professional team.
The team is fully integrated and is passionate about providing our blue-chip client base with creative but practical solutions and options, working to create long-term, enduring relationships which will generate added value for our clients. We help our clients improve asset value, secure planning permission, find a developer or sell development land and property.
We are looking for an experienced PA to support two equity partners and three other partners along with the professional team who works with them.
• Full range of Secretarial/PA duties for two equity partners and other fee-earners in the Development team as well as providing support across the whole P&D team working closely with the support group. A degree of flexibility in assisting one another where possible is essential.
• Extensive diary management; booking meetings both internally and with clients, and occasionally off site; arranging meeting rooms; and ordering refreshments as and when required.
• Updating and managing schedules and running reports as directed by Partners.
• Answering telephones for and on behalf of partners and fee-earners, taking messages and passing to alternative team members as appropriate. Dealing with internal and external queries wherever possible
• Copy typing up, and formatting, of reports.
• Assisting the Partner is coordinating and recording business development activity within the department
• Completing timesheets and entering these into the system when required.
• Helping to draft and submit fee proposals on behalf of partners.
• Helping to draft and submit tenders for large projects – liaising with the BD Department on submission through appropriate portals and collating standard information from the appropriate individuals
• Collating/inputting information regarding WIP onto the WIP sheet – liaising with Development partners and associates on resourcing used for each of the jobs, collating any quarterly financial information from each of the partner, organising weekly WIP meetings, taking notes of any actions for any of the jobs. Running the annual WIP exercise.
• Working with the compliance team, finance team and billing co-ordinator to ensure that invoices are sent out accurately and in a timely fashion each month.
• Liaising with partners and assistants in respect of scope of work and fees on a monthly basis; raising invoices and issuing them to clients.
• Liaising with the billing co-ordinator in respect of Credit and Re-Issue requests.
• Supporting the HR EP in all aspects of recruitment, induction sessions and training.
• Liaising with Credit Control in respect of unpaid bills for the partners.
• Dealing with incoming and outgoing emails for the two equity partners;
• General office duties to ensure the smooth running of the department including filing, copying, binding, scanning and correspondence when required.
• Providing cover for other support staff when required.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, coupled with an eye for detail, personal resilience, a commitment to excellence, a can-do attitude and the ability to deliver high-quality work to tight deadlines.
• High-level administrative and organisational skills to prioritise and ensure work is processed and commitments are met to agreed deadlines.
• Fast and accurate typing (60wpm+), combined with an advanced knowledge of Word and a sound knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint. Experience of using a CRM system would be advantageous.
• Experience in a similar role.
• Highly organised and capable of getting things done, working to tight deadlines, using initiative and common sense.
• Self-motivated with a real desire to deliver excellent customer service.
• Ability to learn bespoke software programmes.
Salary and benefits
• Salary: competitive based on market, professional experience and qualifications
• Performance related staff profit share scheme
• 26 days’ holiday, plus Bank Holidays and days at Christmas and New Year.
• Pension scheme membership (after initial probationary period)
• Life and Accident insurance
• Group income protection scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• Critical Illness Cover
• Wellbeing Allowance
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
• Interest Free Rental Deposit Loan
• Employee assistance programme
• Enhanced maternity and paternity pay after two years’ service
Alongside our competitive compensation and benefits package we offer all our staff the ongoing opportunities to learn and develop, through in-house CPD sessions, further education support as well as internal and external training programmes. Gerald Eve encourage pro-bono work and volunteering as well as regular social and sporting activities to engage with all your colleagues.
Your progression will be supported and guided by managers and mentors using a transparent framework so you can clearly see what you need to do to get to where you want to be.