Lease Consultancy Surveyor
About Gerald Eve LLP
Gerald Eve provides property consultancy services to investors, occupiers and developers. We operate a national network of nine offices and an International Alliance, with partner firms covering 20 European countries and all major US markets. Our specialist sectors include industrial and logistics, alternative markets, the London office market, public sector and corporate real estate services.
Gerald Eve’s partners take pride in their reputation as leading experts and our highly regarded sector specialist teams continue to attract the best talent in the market. We offer comprehensive property advice to public and private sector clients, which includes over 40 of the FTSE100 and some of the largest property portfolios in the UK. Clients benefit from long-term trusted advisor relationships, with client teams providing advice across the full spectrum of property services.
What sets us apart from our competitors is the way in which we value our people, our size and open plan workspace which supports collaborative working. Gerald Eve thrives as a privately-owned partnership and the “we are all in this together” approach is respected across the business. Our values define our culture: Trust and Integrity, Respect, Friendliness and Excellence. We are a previous Times 100 Best Employer and Estates Gazette Employer of the Year 2018. Our Diversity approach is central to the business, championed by our Senior Partner, Simon Prichard, who is currently Chair of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) UK and Ireland Board.
What is it like to work at Gerald Eve?
Most new joiners to Gerald Eve remark on the friendly welcome they receive from colleagues. From lunch-time yoga and pilates classes, sports teams and book and chess clubs to pro bono and charity work, we strive to strike the right balance between work and social activities. In 2018, we won the Vitality Healthiest Workplace in the UK award (mid-sized firm) and we encourage healthy eating and mental wellbeing across the business.
We are a responsible business and recognise that our staff often benefit from flexible, agile working arrangements, something we are open to exploring with candidates.
About the Team
The Manchester office is located in the heart of the city centre with agency, lease consultancy, investment, rating, building surveying, valuation, corporate solutions and planning & development teams.
The successful candidate will join the Lease Consultancy team of 2 (Partner and this role), offering wide ranging professional advice across principally the office, industrial and retail sectors.
The team are looking to recruit a Surveyor to undertake lease consultancy work. We are open to seeing candidates ranging from Surveyor to Senior Surveyor level.
• To undertake rent reviews, lease renewals and provide a range of consultancy advice for a mix of commercial property types.
• To carry out property inspections, conduct negotiations and where required prepare expert reports / third party submissions.
• To use strong research and analytical skills to identify and interpret market rental evidence.
• To use good organisational skills to manage and prioritise a busy and developing caseload.
• To be a strong and effective negotiator, to develop effective and long lasting relationships with our clients, using exceptional rapport building, questioning and summarising skills.
• To develop and maintain a strong network of internal and external contacts and to use these contacts in order to further develop business for Gerald Eve.
• MRICS qualified or well advanced in working towards MRICS qualification
• Lease consultancy experience preferable but not essential
• A proactive approach to problem solving and ability to follow these through to a satisfactory conclusion.
• Strong drive for results and highly proactive in order to maintain momentum and complete the task.
• A high degree of analytical ability.
• Confident and self-motivated with a real desire to deliver excellent client service.
• Well organised with excellent planning, organisational, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Good personal and professional manner in dealing with client contacts at all levels.
Salary and benefits
• Salary: competitive based on market, professional experience and qualifications
• Car allowance
• Performance related staff profit share scheme
• 26 days’ holiday, plus Bank Holidays and days at Christmas and New Year.
• Pension scheme membership (after initial probationary period)
• Life and Accident insurance
• Group income protection scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• Critical Illness Cover
• Wellbeing Allowance
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
• Interest Free Rental Deposit Loan
• Employee assistance programme
• Enhanced maternity and paternity pay after two years’ service
• Professional subscription (MRICS) paid for by the firm
Alongside our competitive compensation and benefits package we offer all our staff the ongoing opportunities to learn and develop, through in-house CPD sessions, further education support as well as internal and external training programmes. Gerald Eve encourage pro-bono work and volunteering as well as regular social and sporting activities to engage with all your colleagues.
Your progression will be supported and guided by managers and mentors using a transparent framework so you can clearly see what you need to do to get to where you want to be.
The Firm’s core hours are from 10.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. and you may choose to start and end your day around these hours, provided you still do your 7.25 hours per day (e.g. 8.00 am – 4.30pm, 10.00 am – 6.30 pm). There is no requirement for this to be the same each day, but you are required to keep your manager informed. This position also involves out of hours working on an ‘as necessary’ basis. We are open to considering flexible working arrangements for everyone; this can be discussed during the application process or upon commencement.
Vanessa Briggs Gerald Eve LLP 72 Welbeck Street, London, W1G 0AY
Direct tel. 0207 333 6335
The firm is an equal opportunities employer and applications from persons belonging to minority groups are encouraged.
Your personal data submitted and processed in relation to this job application will be stored and processed securely in accordance with our Data Protection policy. By submitting an application you are agreeing to your data being used, stored and processed for the purpose of recruitment.
The terms and conditions of this appointment may be varied by the firm to meet business requirements and/or to meet changes in best practice or legal requirements.