About Gerald Eve LLP
Gerald Eve is a firm of international property consultants based in the UK. We operate a national network of nine offices and an international association covering 20 European countries and all major US markets. Whether you are a property owner, investor, occupier or developer, Gerald Eve provides independent, intelligent and relevant advice based on detailed market knowledge and sector understanding.
We provide comprehensive property advice to public and private sector organisations and our clients – including over 40 of the FTSE100 – hold some of the largest property portfolios in the country. Our employees are tasked with providing intelligent and commercial solutions to ensure our clients’ portfolios deliver the maximum return possible.
What sets us apart from our competitors is the way in which we value our people, and the values that are at the core of our business: Trust and Integrity, Respect, Friendliness and Excellence.
About the Team
The Hotel Advisory team is the largest specialist team in a partnership with experts in Hotels, Serviced Apartments, Aparthotels and Resorts. The team is young at heart, nimble, collaborative and sociable. The Hotels team is part of the wider Leisure team which falls under the Alternative Markets business group.
In the hotel sector, we provide valuation and consultancy advice on hotels, serviced apartments and resorts. In London, we have advised on over 125 hotels in the last year together with European and international instructions (e.g. Cape Verde, Germany, Vienna, Greece, Brussels, etc.). We also regularly advise in the serviced apartment sector providing valuation advice on new developments and have valued a number of portfolios.
The Team is also the largest advisors on due diligence acquisition for hotel investments and ground rent structures.
In the wider hotel sector in Gerald Eve, we are the largest hotel asset managers and the largest hotel taxation specialist in the UK providing market intel at all levels.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join one of the fastest growing and the largest independent hotel advisory teams in a UK based independent partnership. You will be a valued member of a young at heart and dynamic team with a genuine collaborative structure, which works hard but balances this with a great culture and social activities. The Hotel Advisory team at Gerald Eve works alongside other hotel’s team in Gerald Eve including the UK’s largest hotel asset managers and the largest hotel taxation specialists.
This role at either Senior Surveyor or Associate level provides a technically strong registered valuer the opportunity to gain or develop invaluable experience in the UK, European international hotel sector and to build and maintain long lasting client relationships. Each member has direct client contacts with support from the wider team.
• To provide first-rate valuation advice to our wide-ranging clients, including the writing of reports.
• Excellent report writing skills are imperative to deliver clear and concise advice.
• Managing the relationship with key clients. Direct client contact is provided throughout the instructions.
• Supervise and mentor more junior members of the team/office.
• Business development for the Hotel Advisory team, and opportunities for other parts of the business.
• MRICS, registered valuer
• Willingness to travel throughout UK, mainland Europe and abroad.
• First-rate report writing ability
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, coupled with an eye for detail, a commitment to excellence and developing strong client relationships.
• Planning and prioritising skills to schedule work and ensure its timely completion, taking into account conflicting deadlines.
• A degree of flexibility in order to move from one task to another without a loss of productivity
• The ability to adapt to changes initiated by the department or the client.
• A high degree of analytical ability.
• Perseverance and stamina with a drive for results in order to maintain momentum and complete the task.
• Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications and relevant IT-based systems.
• Full UK driving licence.
We welcome those who have taken an extended career break to apply for this role. Our Career Returners Programme, run in partnership with Women Returners, offers successful candidates a range of support. To find out more visit http://wrpn.womenreturners.com/gerald-eve-career-returners-programme/
Salary and benefits
• Salary: competitive based on market, professional experience and qualifications
• Car allowance
• Performance related staff profit share scheme
• 26 days’ holiday, plus Bank Holidays and days at Christmas and New Year.
• Pension scheme membership (after initial probationary period)
• Life and Accident insurance
• Group income protection scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• Critical Illness Cover
• Fitness Allowance
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
• Interest Free Rental Deposit Loan
• Employee assistance programme
• Enhanced maternity and paternity pay after two years’ service
• Professional subscription (MRICS) paid for by the firm
Alongside our competitive compensation and benefits package we offer all our staff the ongoing opportunities to learn and develop, through in-house CPD sessions, further education support as well as internal and external training programmes. Gerald Eve encourage pro-bono work and volunteering as well as regular social and sporting activities to engage with all your colleagues.
Your progression will be supported and guided by managers and mentors using a transparent framework so you can clearly see what you need to do to get to where you want to be.
The normal hours of work for this position are 0900hrs to 1730hrs, Monday to Friday. This position also involves out of hours working on an ‘as necessary’ basis and travelling to other countries. The Firm is open to considering flexible working arrangements for everyone; this can be discussed during the application process or upon commencement.
Vanessa Briggs Gerald Eve LLP 72 Welbeck Street, London W1G 0JAY
Direct tel. 020 7333 6335
The firm is an equal opportunities employer and applications from persons belonging to minority groups are encouraged.
Your personal data submitted and processed in relation to this job application will be stored and processed securely in accordance with our Data Protection policy. By submitting an application you are agreeing to your data being used, stored and processed for the purpose of recruitment.
The terms and conditions of this appointment may be varied by the firm to meet business requirements and/or to meet changes in best practice or legal requirements.