About Gerald Eve LLP
Gerald Eve is a firm of international property consultants based in the UK. We operate a national network of nine offices and an international association covering 20 European countries and all major US markets. Whether you are a property owner, investor, occupier or developer, Gerald Eve provides independent, intelligent and relevant advice based on detailed market knowledge and sector understanding.
We provide comprehensive property advice to public and private sector organisations and our clients – including over 40 of the FTSE100 – hold some of the largest property portfolios in the country. Our employees are tasked with providing intelligent and commercial solutions to ensure our clients’ portfolios deliver the maximum return possible.
What sets us apart from our competitors is the way in which we value our people, and the values that are at the core of our business: Trust and Integrity, Respect, Friendliness and Excellence.
Data management will be the main part of this new role, but it will also encompass providing cover for application support and testing, working with our existing business/data analysts, and ad-hoc assistance to users who have data handling requirements.
The job will frequently involve reviewing data for consistency and identifying instances where queries need to be raised with the owners or originators of data, so members of the data management team will need to have good communications skills and the confidence to challenge others throughout the firm where data shortcomings are identified. A major part of this task concerns our internal accounting systems and client records, and will require working with our in-house Sesame application and Microsoft Dynamics CRM, and our newly acquired subscription to Bureau van Dijk, an online client due diligence system, as well as other externally referenceable data sources such as Companies House, corporate websites and business gazetteers. Expected outputs including producing reports of data anomalies for the partners and administrators and assisting them with the task of correcting or discarding existing records, as well as acting as gatekeepers to ensure any new information being entered is accurate.
Another part of the role concerns property data, where there is a requirement to review and clean address data to ensure consistency, then to use this data to perform checks for conflicts of interest at the commencement of potential new instructions. As such a good knowledge of UK geography is an advantage, as would be any experience of working with the Royal Mail PAF (albeit that Gerald Eve does not currently subscribe to any PAF application/service). You will be responsible for ensuring that the on-boarding process for new clients and jobs is conducted efficiently and in compliance with all the firm's legal, professional and financial compliance requirements, notifying any concerns to the Risk & Compliance Manager with whom you will be working closely.
The data management team is being created at the same time as we are increasing our investment in IT systems, processes and support. The overall aim is to build structured, efficient workflows that have compliance and QA built into every step. Many of these processes are currently poorly defined and the data management team will have a major role in formulating these processes and will then be responsible for documenting them, assisting others in the firm to understand those processes and monitoring compliance. This will include producing regular reports for the Executive Board, so a good understanding of Excel will be required.
In the fullness of time, once the historic client and property data in our systems has been audited and we can have greater confidence in its accuracy, the data team will be expected to provide data analysis from this pool of data to help with bids and tenders and to support business development.
• Attention to detail and commitment to accuracy
• Logical and methodical approach to data
• Process driven
• Ability to produce clear, simple reports
• Ability and confidence to communicate with all members of the firm, whether in person, in writing or over the telephone
• Good understanding of Microsoft Excel and core functions within this software, particularly:
o Logical functions
o Lookup and Reference functions
o Date & Time functions
o Text functions
o Data validation rules
o Conditional formatting
• Good awareness of UK administrative and postal geography, to ensure accurate recording of property addresses
• Basic understanding of corporate structures, the requirements of anti-money laundering checks, KYC and other aspects of client due diligence
• Awareness of GDPR requirements
• Familiarity with QA processes
• Ability to document processes and create clear written guidance for others
• Flexibility to adopt new systems and processes as we acquire or develop new software and improve our workflow management to embed compliance and QA
• Familiarity with relational databases and in particular experience of SQL (Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio)
• Experience of Royal Mail Postal Address File application(s)
• Experience of Microsoft Dynamics as a CRM management system
• Knowledge of basic accounting principles
• Use of requirements tracking or project management tools
• Experience of data visualisation tools, particularly Excel charts and Tableau
Salary and benefits
• Salary: competitive based on market, professional experience and qualifications
• Performance related staff profit share scheme
• 26 days’ holiday, plus Bank Holidays and days at Christmas and New Year.
• Pension scheme membership (after initial probationary period)
• Life and Accident insurance
• Group income protection scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• Critical Illness Cover
• Fitness Allowance
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
• Interest Free Rental Deposit Loan
• Employee assistance programme
• Enhanced maternity and paternity pay after two years’ service
Alongside our competitive compensation and benefits package we offer all our staff the ongoing opportunities to learn and develop, through in-house CPD sessions, further education support as well as internal and external training programmes. Gerald Eve encourages pro-bono work and volunteering as well as regular social and sporting activities to engage with all your colleagues.
Your progression will be supported and guided by managers and mentors using a transparent framework so you can clearly see what you need to do to get to where you want to be.
The normal hours of work for this position are 0900hrs to 1730hrs, Monday to Friday. This position also involves out of hours working on an ‘as necessary’ basis.
The firm is an equal opportunities employer and applications from persons belonging to minority groups are encouraged.
Your personal data submitted and processed in relation to this job application will be stored and processed securely in accordance with our Data Protection policy. By submitting an application you are agreeing to your data being used, stored and processed for the purpose of recruitment.
The terms and conditions of this appointment may be varied by the firm to meet business requirements and/or to meet changes in best practice or legal requirements.