Senior Surveyor/Associate - Leisure
About the Team:
The Gerald Eve Leisure team is one of the largest dedicated specialist teams in the United Kingdom with industry leading experts in, Hotels, Pubs/Bars, Cinemas, Bingo, Health & Fitness Clubs, Nightclubs/Late Night Venues, Gambling, Sports Stadiums and Visitor Attractions. Within the wider OPRE sector we provide valuation, consultancy and transactional services to both owners and operators from blue chip to independent organisations, including household names such as Whitbread, David Lloyd Leisure, Odeon and Soho House. We build sustainable long term relationships and many of our clients have worked with us for more than 20 years. Our client base includes an ecletic mix, including safari parks, concert venues and motorway service areas, as well as crematoria and caves, ensuring plenty of diversity in the work we execute and the opportunities you will be exposed to! We are very proud to have won Alternative Markets Team of the Year 2021 at the Property Week Awards.
Your work will revolve around providing advice on operational trading assets, where valuation and investment drivers are linked to the performance potential and the future prospects of the underlying business. Candidates will have the opportunity to gain or develop experience across a fascinating range of assets and to build long lasting client and business relationships. Strong numeracy and analytical skills will be a real asset.
• To provide first-rate advice to clients, including the writing of reports.
• Building relationships with key clients.
• Supervise and mentor more junior members of the team/office.
• Business development for the Leisure team, and opportunities for other parts of the business.
• MRICS, registered valuer
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, coupled with an eye for detail, a commitment to excellence and developing strong client relationships.
• Planning and prioritising skills to schedule work and ensure its timely completion, taking into account conflicting deadlines.
• A degree of flexibility in order to move from one task to another without a loss of productivity
• A high degree of analytical ability and an enquiring mind.
• Perseverance and stamina with a drive for results in order to maintain momentum and complete the task.
• Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications and relevant IT-based systems.
• Full UK driving licence.
Salary and benefits
• Salary: competitive based on market, professional experience and qualifications
• Car allowance
• Performance related staff profit share scheme
• 26 days’ holiday, plus Bank Holidays and days at Christmas and New Year.
• Pension scheme membership (after initial probationary period)
• Life and Accident insurance
• Group income protection scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• Critical Illness Cover
• Wellbeing Allowance
• Access to Peppy for you and your partner
• 1 paid volunteering day per year to help give back to our local communities
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
• Interest Free Rental Deposit Loan
• Employee assistance programme
• Enhanced maternity and paternity pay after two years’ service
• Professional subscription (MRICS/MRTPI) paid for by the firm
Alongside our competitive compensation and benefits package we offer all our staff the ongoing opportunities to learn and develop, through in-house CPD sessions, further education support as well as internal and external training programmes. Gerald Eve encourage pro-bono work and volunteering as well as regular social and sporting activities to engage with all your colleagues. Your progression will be supported and guided by managers and mentors using a transparent framework so you can clearly see what you need to do to get to where you want to be.
Hybrid working and core hours
Our hybrid working policy outlines staff to be in the office for 3 days per week, with 2 days working from home. In our London offices, our desk booking app allows you to plan ahead, and book your desk up to 3 weeks ahead. We also offer great flexibility around our core hours, which are from 10.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. You can choose to start and end your day around these hours, provided you still do your 7.25 hours per day (e.g. 8.00 am – 4.30pm, 10.00 am – 6.30 pm). There is no requirement for this to be the same each day, but you are required to keep your manager informed. This position also involves out of hours working on an ‘as necessary’ basis. We are open to considering flexible working arrangements for everyone; this can be discussed during the application process or upon commencement.