Senior Business Development and Marketing Manager - Industrial & Logistics, Energy, Transport, Minerals + Waste
About the Team
Gerald Eve’s team of marketing and business development professionals provide full marketing mix advice and support across all areas of Gerald Eve’s business. From branding and marketing communications, through to winning better business, managing our key client relationships and sector-specific research services. The team is highly respected and integrated within business teams and sector groups.
We have an opportunity for an experienced Senior Business Development and Marketing Manager to join the Gerald Eve team, to build on our “leading expert” brand and help our specialist sector teams win better business. Working alongside the Director of Marketing and Business Development, and the Lead Partners responsible for each sector, this role requires a talented marketer who can think strategically, whilst delivering transformative projects in a fast-paced environment. This is a full marketing mix role, including business and marketing planning, budgeting, marketing communications to targeting and managing key client relationships. We have established “leading expert” sectors (industrial & logistics and minerals), whilst others are relatively new entrants where we are investing in our talent and reputation (aviation and energy).
Marketing Planning and Budgeting:
• Supporting BD Partners with marketing and business development planning, from setting strategic goals, to identifying achievable actions to support profitable growth.
• Regular monitoring and resource management of actions across the teams, central marketing and consultants.
• Responsibility for marketing reporting across the team and for Board reports.
• Approval and monitoring of marketing budget spend.
Marketing communications and profile:
• Draft content for client-facing materials and case studies/track record and all digital content positions Gerald Eve as leading experts.
• Work closely with our PR advisors (SEC Newgate) to identify thought leadership campaigns to position Gerald Eve as leading experts across identified sectors. Identify positive news stories in association with our in-house press office.
• Co-ordinate internal communication campaigns, to profile client activities, new products and services and cross-selling opportunities.
• Work closely with the research team to provide effective communications campaigns for research, thought leadership, key trends, etc.
• Bring a strategic and planned approach to business development activities, advising on best practice, organising and attending departmental meetings and following up actions across the team.
• Build strong working relationships with all members of the central marketing function, sharing best practice through updates, workshops and training.
• Help co-ordinate and organise industry events, seminars and client entertaining.
Winning Better Business:
• Championing Gerald Eve’s Winning Better Business approach, to proactively spot new opportunities and ways to develop clients and our service offering as leading experts, both in London and across our national offices.
• Join client pitch and presentation teams where appropriate. Coaching junior members of the team in “on the job” consultative selling.
• Work closely with the central pitch team on significant client pitches. Explore new ways of engaging with our targets.
• Help facilitate and move forward cross-firm initiatives and project work.
• Advise partners on fee negotiations and profitability.
• Share ideas on ways of “creating value” for our clients.
• Attend industry events and client networking, as and when required.
• Ensure the practice groups follow consistent BD practices, including following branding guidelines and the Winning Better Business toolkits. Work closely with the team’s Marketing Champions.
• Support BD training and round table BD best practice workshops.
• This role may require travel to our other offices (once COVID restrictions are lifted)
Key client programme:
• For each sector group, identify key clients and set up and co-ordinate teams across each group.
• Where appropriate, step into the Client Relationship Manager role, working alongside the Client Partner to manage the ongoing relationship.
• Work with the PAs to set up regular client team meetings and ensure client plans are regularly updated and managed via the Teams portal.
• When required by the client, help Client Partners produce annual client review documents.
• Attend client review meetings and capture client feedback from a client service perspective.
• Ensure we are creating value, by providing regular training, social and networking events, introductions and opportunities.
• Share key client best practice across the teams, including ideas on value-added services and ESG.
• Ideally, prior experience in full-service marketing and business development role to support practice groups in a professional services firm.
• Motivated at the role and responsibility to grow a business.
• Experience in real estate, and with an interest in the following sectors: industrial & logistics, Energy & renewables, Transport and Minerals.
• Proven track record of supporting broad stakeholder groups and prioritising multiple projects.
• Encouraging collaboration, co-operation and trust across teams.
• Ability to write engaging content for winning better business and digital platforms.
• Integrity and trust – demonstrating strong ethics and work standards.
• Grasping and articulating the business drivers that underpin profitability and efficient working practices.
• Financial expertise and understanding.
• Project management skills.
• A lateral thinker who is continuously looking for new and better ways to enhance performance.
• Demonstrate ability to influence and ‘upwards manage’ to senior colleagues
• Creative in approach to issues, with an ability to implement pragmatic solutions.
• Exceptional communication and presentation skills
Salary and benefits
• Salary: competitive based on market, professional experience and qualifications
• Performance related staff profit share scheme
• 26 days’ holiday, plus Bank Holidays and days at Christmas and New Year.
• Pension scheme membership (after initial probationary period)
• Life and Accident insurance
• Group income protection scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• Critical Illness Cover
• Wellbeing Allowance
• Access to Peppy for you and your partner
• 1 paid volunteering day per year to help give back to our local communities
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
• Interest Free Rental Deposit Loan
• Employee assistance programme
• Enhanced maternity and paternity pay after two years’ service