Business Development and Marketing Manager - Industrial & Logistics
About the Team
Gerald Eve’s team of marketing and business development professionals provide full marketing mix advice and support across all areas of Gerald Eve’s business. From branding and marketing communications, through to winning better business, managing our key client relationships and sector-specific research services. The team is highly respected and integrated within business teams and sector groups.
The RIO BD Manager will build upon our marketing and business development capabilities and support strategies for future growth. Working alongside the Director of Marketing and Business Development, and the Lead Partners responsible for Industrial & Logistics, Retail and Offices, this is a great opportunity for an experienced marketer to help each team plan and structure their marketing activities. A primary area of focus is to position Gerald Eve as leading experts in the Industrial & Logistics sector; by sharing news about our recent work and award-winning research, sector knowledge and insight. This will require a close working relationship with our research, PR and graphics teams. There will also be opportunities to manage a small portfolio of our investor and developer key clients, as part of our key client programme.
Marketing Planning and Budgeting
• Responsible for all marketing and business development initiatives relating to RIO.
• Work closely with the Marketing and Business Development Director and Partners to create and implement BD and marketing plans to deliver sustainable growth, including marketing communications, PR, winning better business (client segmentation/targeting/bids) and adapting some of the principles of the key client programme.
• Working alongside the central marketing team to agree marketing budgets and central BD resource assigned to events and campaigns.
• Contribute towards future strategic planning on specific projects, e.g.: enhancing the positioning of our asset management team and how they can achieve more profitable growth and extending RIO’s services across our national teams to support the UK’s
“levelling up agenda”.
• Responsibility for marketing reporting across the team and for Board reports.
• Sharing best practice and networking with BD Managers representing different teams within Gerald Eve.
• Write content for client-facing materials and case studies/track record.
• Work closely with colleagues to deliver agreed actions and maximise opportunities for collaboration amongst teams and groups both in terms of departments and cross sector initiatives.
• Ensure proactive and effective internal and external communication across the firm through promoting good news stories through the intranet, The Hub as well as the external website and digital channels.
• Conduct business development research, delivering findings and data to contribute to group strategic business planning, and roll-out of hot topics/campaigns as well as thought leadership pieces and other external initiatives the department can get involved in.
• Bring a strategic and planned approach to business development activities, advising on best practice, organising and attending departmental meetings and following up actions across the team.
• Manage best friend referral relationships.
• Build strong working relationships with all members of the team.
• Work alongside the internal comms team and external PR advisers to maintain the positioning of the team as leading experts.
• Help co-ordinate and organise industry events, seminars and client entertaining.
Winning Better Business
• Proactively spot new opportunities and ways to develop clients and our service offering as leading experts, both in London and across our national offices.
• Join client pitch and presentation teams where appropriate.
• Help facilitate and move forward cross-firm initiatives and project work.
• Attend industry events and client networking, as and when required.
• Ensure the practice groups follow consistent BD practices, including following branding guidelines and the Winning Better Business toolkits. Work closely with the team’s Marketing Champions.
• Support BD training and round table BD best practice workshops.
• This role may require travel to our other offices (once COVID restrictions are lifted).
Key client programme
• Identify key clients and set up and co-ordinate teams across each group.
• Ensure partners are included in client teams managed by client partners outside of the team.
• Share key client best practice across the teams, including ideas on value-added services and ESG.
• Prior experience in full service marketing and business development role to support practice groups in a professional services firm.
• Experience in real estate, and in particular in Industrial and Logistics would be beneficial
• Proven track record of supporting broad stakeholder groups and prioritising multiple projects.
• Encouraging collaboration, cooperation and trust across teams.
• Ability to write engaging content for digital platforms.
• Integrity and trust – demonstrating strong ethics and work standards.
• Grasping and articulating the business drivers that underpin profitability and efficient working practices.
• Financial expertise and understanding.
• Project management skills.
• A lateral thinker who is continuously looking for new and better ways to enhance performance.
• Demonstrate ability to influence and ‘upwards manage’ to senior colleagues
• Creative in approach to issues, with an ability to implement pragmatic solutions.
• Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
Salary and benefits
• Salary: competitive based on market, professional experience and qualifications
• Performance related staff profit share scheme
• 26 days’ holiday, plus Bank Holidays and days at Christmas and New Year.
• Pension scheme membership (after initial probationary period)
• Life and Accident insurance
• Group income protection scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• Critical Illness Cover
• Wellbeing Allowance
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
• Interest Free Rental Deposit Loan
• Employee assistance programme
• Enhanced maternity and paternity pay after two years’ service
Alongside our competitive compensation and benefits package we offer all our staff the ongoing opportunities to learn and develop, through in-house CPD sessions, further education support as well as internal and external training programmes. Gerald Eve encourage pro-bono work and volunteering as well as regular social and sporting activities to engage with all your colleagues.
Your progression will be supported and guided by managers and mentors using a transparent framework so you can clearly see what you need to do to get to where you want to be.
The Firm’s core hours are from 10.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. and you may choose to start and end your day around these hours, provided you still do your 7.25 hours per day (e.g. 8.00 am – 4.30pm, 10.00 am – 6.30 pm). There is no requirement for this to be the same each day, but you are required to keep your manager informed. We are open to considering flexible working arrangements for everyone; this can be discussed during the application process or upon commencement.
The firm is an equal opportunities employer and applications from persons belonging to minority groups are encouraged.
Your personal data submitted and processed in relation to this job application will be stored and processed securely in accordance with our Data Protection policy. By submitting an application you are agreeing to your data being used, stored and processed for the purpose of recruitment.
The terms and conditions of this appointment may be varied by the firm to meet business requirements and/or to meet changes in best practice or legal requirements.