Senior Management Accountant - 12 month FTC
About the team & role:
The Finance team is a team of 9 and comprises: Finance Director, Financial Controller, this role, 2 x Accounts Assistant, Credit Control Manager, Credit Controller, Assistant Financial Analyst, Cashier and Payroll Administrator. This is an important role within our Finance team, which encompasses a wide range of responsibilities and is a great opportunity for someone who likes to drive process improvement. The role will work closely with our Financial Controller and take a role in managing the operational part of the team. It will involve assisting in all aspects of the firm’s financial control, balance sheet accounts reconciliation and management reporting – from a strategic perspective as well as helping with some of the detail. We are looking for someone on a 12-month FTC basis, who can hit the ground running, drive process improvement and support our Financial Controller.
Main responsibilities include:
• Completing the company VAT return and producing a detail review of the VAT return for discussion with the Financial Controller.
• Management of the operational team (Purchase ledger, Sales ledger and payroll), including the review and authorisation of Journals.
• Responsible for the management accounts, including prepare the management accounts pack for review with Financial Controller
• Being able to provide cover for payroll and responsible for the accounting and variance analysis of payroll
• Supporting the team with report writing and other ah-hoc operational matters
• Prepare Expenditure Management accounts on a monthly basis
• Undertake analytical review of general ledger accounts on a monthly basis.
• Prepare cash flow analysis on a monthly basis
• Overseeing the Fixed asset register
• Prepare weekly financial reports for publication to partners
• Review management accounts and variance analysis reports and discuss with Financial controller
• A minimum of 5 years’ financial and management accounting experience gained in a professional services firm (ideally 5 years’ post-qualification experience). Please note, we are not looking to consider applicants with a client accounting or property management background. We are looking for in-house finance experience within professional services or property.
• The ability to develop strong and successful working relationships at all levels, but particularly with business support service managers and partners, based on technical knowledge, clear communication skills and the ability to turn data into useful information.
• Advanced Excel skills is essential. Prior experience of using SUN Accounts highly desirable. Q&A experience desirable.
• Must be either ACCA or ACA qualified and an active Certified/Chartered member of the relevant body.
• Must be pro-active, well-organised and have an eye for detail.
• Must have a commercial approach to analysis and reporting.
• A team player, who is able to motivate and work in a collaborative manner.
• Experience in people management with a passion for developing and mentoring team members
Salary and benefits:
• Salary: competitive based on market, professional experience and qualifications
• Car allowance
• Performance related staff profit share scheme
• 26 days’ holiday, plus Bank Holidays and days at Christmas and New Year.
• Pension scheme membership (after initial probationary period)
• Life and Accident insurance
• Group income protection scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• Critical Illness Cover
• Fitness Allowance
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
• Interest Free Rental Deposit Loan
• Employee assistance programme
• Enhanced maternity and paternity pay after two years’ service
Alongside our competitive compensation and benefits’ package we offer all our staff the ongoing opportunities to learn and develop, through in-house CPD sessions, further education support as well as internal and external training programmes. Gerald Eve encourage pro-bono work and volunteering as well as regular social and sporting activities to engage with all your colleagues. Your progression will be supported and guided by managers and mentors using a transparent framework so you can clearly see what you need to do to get to where you want to be.
Hybrid working and core hours
Our hybrid working policy outlines staff to be in the office for 3 days per week, with 2 days working from home. In our London offices, our desk booking app allows you to plan ahead, and book your desk up to 3 weeks ahead. We also offer great flexibility around our core hours, which are from 10.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. You can choose to start and end your day around these hours, provided you still do your 7.25 hours per day (e.g. 8.00 am – 4.30pm, 10.00 am – 6.30 pm). There is no requirement for this to be the same each day,
but you are required to keep your manager informed. This position also involves out of hours working on an ‘as necessary’ basis. We are open to considering flexible working arrangements for everyone; this can be discussed during the application process or upon commencement.
The firm is an equal opportunities employer and applications from persons belonging to minority groups are encouraged. Your personal data submitted and processed in relation to this job application will be stored and processed securely in accordance with our Data Protection policy. By submitting an application you are agreeing to your data being used, stored and processed for the purpose of recruitment. The terms and conditions of this appointment may be varied by the firm to meet business requirements and/or to meet changes in
best practice or legal requirements.