About Gerald Eve LLP
Gerald Eve is a firm of international property consultants based in the UK. We operate a national network of nine offices and an international association covering 20 European countries and all major US markets. Whether you are a property owner, investor, occupier or developer, Gerald Eve provides independent, intelligent and relevant advice based on detailed market knowledge and sector understanding.
We provide comprehensive property advice to public and private sector organisations and our clients – including over 40 of the FTSE100 – hold some of the largest property portfolios in the country. Our employees are tasked with providing intelligent and commercial solutions to ensure our clients’ portfolios deliver the maximum return possible.
What sets us apart from our competitors is the way in which we value our people, and the values that are at the core of our business: Trust and Integrity, Respect, Friendliness and Excellence.
This is a newly created role and the incoming candidate will be expected to design and deliver training programmes in information technology (IT). In addition to your training skills, you will need to be an expert in:
• User skills: – desktop applications such as Windows 10, Office 2019 (all applications), O365 including One Drive, SharePoint, Teams and other O365 apps with a good understanding of working in the cloud, internet browsers and company-specific applications. Including macros and the creation of templates in Microsoft Office.
• Documentation – creating training materials and ad-hoc user guides for various applications.
• Ability to quickly learn in house systems
• Develop short custom e-learning tutorials to support user learning
• Keep up to date with Microsoft roadmaps
• Be the centre of excellence to support the organisation’s IT vision for the future
• Proactively develop a range of creative training interventions that engage busy people
• Support and develop the ongoing IT user adoption strategy
You'll also be responsible for the application of learning technologies to transfer skills, in both IT and non-IT subjects. These include:
• Enterprise content management
• Social networking
• Virtual labs
As IT trainer, you will need to:
• Carry out training needs analysis
• Define the skill sets needed to perform different roles
• Carry out performance assessments to determine the skills gap between current and desirable learner skill levels
• Design training programmes appropriate to the skills needed
• Develop an appropriate mix of formal and informal development activities
• Ensure that the learning environment and resources support learner needs
• Design course materials and documents such as handouts, manuals and exercises
• Prepare the learning environment and resources, including setting up IT equipment where appropriate
• Deliver training programmes in formal (e.g. classroom), informal (e.g. floor-walking) or online (e.g. e-learning and webinar) settings
• Support and coach learners using learning technologies to deliver skills
• Evaluate the effectiveness of training programmes and learning outcomes
• Liaise with partners (e.g. external course providers, employers, examining bodies) to fulfil the skills needs of the Firm
• Develop peer networks to keep abreast of current thinking
• Maintain appropriate records of learner development and resource allocation
Key attributes and qualifications
• At least 4 years’ experience of delivering IT training programmes in a professional services environment
• An aptitude for IT and an up-to-date knowledge of common applications and systems
• Comprehensive computing capabilities for more specialist areas
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Well-developed interpersonal and facilitation skills
• A high level of organisation
• Confidence in training and presentation delivery
• Patience and confidence
• Self-motivation, with the ability to motivate others
• A willingness to learn
Salary and benefits
• Salary: competitive based on market, professional experience and qualifications
• Performance related staff profit share scheme
• 26 days’ holiday, plus Bank Holidays and days at Christmas and New Year.
• Pension scheme membership (after initial probationary period)
• Life and Accident insurance
• Group income protection scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• Critical Illness Cover
• Fitness Allowance
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
• Interest Free Rental Deposit Loan
• Employee assistance programme
• Enhanced maternity and paternity pay after two years’ service
Alongside our competitive compensation and benefits package we offer all our staff the ongoing opportunities to learn and develop, through in-house CPD sessions, further education support as well as internal and external training programmes. Gerald Eve encourages pro-bono work and volunteering as well as regular social and sporting activities to engage with all your colleagues.
Your progression will be supported and guided by managers and mentors using a transparent framework so you can clearly see what you need to do to get to where you want to be.
The normal hours of work for this position are 0900hrs to 1730hrs, Monday to Friday. This position also involves out of hours working on an ‘as necessary’ basis.
The firm is an equal opportunities employer and applications from persons belonging to minority groups are encouraged.
Your personal data submitted and processed in relation to this job application will be stored and processed securely in accordance with our Data Protection policy. By submitting an application you are agreeing to your data being used, stored and processed for the purpose of recruitment.
The terms and conditions of this appointment may be varied by the firm to meet business requirements and/or to meet changes in best practice or legal requirements.