Senior Surveyor / Associate
About Gerald Eve LLP
Gerald Eve is a firm of international property consultants based in the UK. We operate a national network of nine offices and an international association covering 20 European countries and all major US markets. Whether you are a property owner, investor, occupier or developer, Gerald Eve provides independent, intelligent and relevant advice based on detailed market knowledge and sector understanding.
We provide comprehensive property advice to public and private sector organisations and our clients – including over 40 of the FTSE100 – hold some of the largest property portfolios in the country. Our employees are tasked with providing intelligent and commercial solutions to ensure our clients’ portfolios deliver the maximum return possible.
What sets us apart from our competitors is the way in which we value our people, and the values that are at the core of our business: Trust and Integrity, Respect, Friendliness and Excellence.
About the Team
The department has a strong reputation for both commercial success and the development of its people. It does this by business partnering its clients rather than seeing itself as merely a service provider and by allowing its people to really help their clients. The successful individual will get the chance to truly work as part of the client’s team.
The CPM team’s clients include Costa Coffee, Marriott Hotels, Pizza Express, Premier Inn, T.G.I Friday’s, WHSmith and Inbev. This role sits within the West End team who predominantly look after the Costa Coffee national portfolio.
Our highly successful CPM team is seeking to recruit a client focussed and technically proficient property management Surveyor. This role works closely with Partners and other fee-earners, and acts for clients with property portfolios throughout the UK.
This role will help to provide a full corporate property management service. This role will predominantly work on our client Costa Coffee and is based in our London West End office. The primary aim of our property management service is to add value to the client’s property portfolio and demonstrate this in a practical and intelligent way.
This role will encompass the full remit of property management tasks, including but not limited to:
• Management of rent reviews, lease expiries and break options
• Landlord liaison and management of all leasehold matters, including consents and disputes
• Data management and reporting
• Portfolio audit and property inspection
• Property Management Finance (PMF) including payment and collection of rent, service charge and insurance
• Service charge: auditing and challenging bills
• Tenant management to maximise income and reduce liabilities from surplus space
• Budgeting and forecasting
• Management of disposals and acquisitions
• Proactive identification of added value opportunities such as lease re-gears
• Other general property advice, including legislation and dealing with notices
• Reporting and liaising with client departments and other advisers, such as legal, finance, operations and maintenance teams
• MRICS with relevant commercial surveying experience
• Strong interpersonal ability coupled with rapport building, effective listening, questioning and summarising skills
• Experience and confidence in meeting client demand and demonstrating excellent client care
• Solid technical surveying skills (experience in the leisure/retail sector is desirable)
• Commercial awareness
• Planning and prioritising skills
• A high degree of flexibility, in order to move from one task to another without a loss in productivity.
• Strong drive for results in order to maintain momentum and complete the task
• The ability to use knowledge and information to spot and develop opportunities on the client’s behalf
Salary and benefits
• Salary: competitive based on market, professional experience and qualifications
• Car allowance
• Performance related staff profit share scheme
• 26 days’ holiday, plus Bank Holidays and days at Christmas and New Year.
• Pension scheme membership (after initial probationary period)
• Life and Accident insurance
• Group income protection scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• Critical Illness Cover
• Fitness Allowance
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
• Interest Free Rental Deposit Loan
• Employee assistance programme
• Enhanced maternity and paternity pay after two years’ service
• Professional subscription (MRICS) paid for by the firm
Alongside our competitive compensation and benefits package we offer all our staff the ongoing opportunities to learn and develop, through in-house CPD sessions, further education support as well as internal and external training programmes. Gerald Eve encourage pro-bono work and volunteering as well as regular social and sporting activities to engage with all your colleagues.
Your progression will be supported and guided by managers and mentors using a transparent framework so you can clearly see what you need to do to get to where you want to be.
The normal hours of work for this position are 0900hrs to 1730hrs, Monday to Friday. This position also involves out of hours working on an ‘as necessary’ basis. The Firm is open to considering flexible working arrangements for everyone; this can be discussed during the application process or upon commencement.
Vanessa Briggs Gerald Eve LLP 72 Welbeck Street, London, W1G 0AY
Direct tel. 0207 333 6335
The firm is an equal opportunities employer and applications from persons belonging to minority groups are encouraged.
Your personal data submitted and processed in relation to this job application will be stored and processed securely in accordance with our Data Protection policy. By submitting an application you are agreeing to your data being used, stored and processed for the purpose of recruitment.
The terms and conditions of this appointment may be varied by the firm to meet business requirements and/or to meet changes in best practice or legal requirements.