About the Team
This role will sit across our Operations teams, specifically Finance, our COO and ICT teams providing PA support to 3 senior individuals who have varying needs. Our Operations teams are undergoing a process of change as we grow to support a growing business that is currently undergoing significant change in updating systems and processes. Our Operations teams are the backbone of our business and vital to its ongoing success. They are busy teams that require flexible and proactive administrative support.
This is a new role which has been created to help facilitate process improvement and change across our Operations teams. The role will support our COO and Financial Controller from a PA perspective with diary management and email inbox management, and our ICT Director with administrative tasks such as documenting processes. This is an opportunity for a very well organised, experienced administrator/PA to make a real impact – to make teams operate
more effectively, free up managers time to focus on other business priorities and help make our processes more streamlined. You will have experience in a similar role, working as part of a central business support function, and be able to manage your time effectively between the teams. We are looking for someone with excellent Microsoft Office skills (including Excel), and who can pick up working with new systems easily.
- Work closely with our COO and Financial Controller to organise meetings for them, this is mostly internal meetings but some external
- You will liaise with the Executive Assistant to our Managing and Senior Partner to ensure diaries work smoothly
- Book rooms using our internal room booking system, liaising where necessary with Facilities and Front of House
Email Inbox Management:
- Email management initially for Financial Controller but may extend to COO and ICT Director: setting up rules, processes and maintaining inboxes – our Financial Controller’s inbox is exceptionally busy, that requires prioritization, cleansing and delegating tasks
- Checking invoices against budget, coding correctly and processing for approval with HR, Finance and ICT Development
- Ad hoc administration tasks as and when they arise for the teams
- Compiling regular reports and distributing confidential information to correct individuals
- Creating and editing PDF reports in Adobe
- Providing cover for the EA to our Managing and Senior Partner for periods of leave
- When necessary provide cover for our Front of House team
- Help arrange events with EA such as Partner offsites and meetings
- Purchase order management and budget reconciliation; coding invoices and updating trackers, helping to implement new processes to make this streamlined.
- Updating our fixed asset register
- Help coordinate across operations teams for QA/internal audit purposes for changes such as starters/leaver/transfers
- Drafting correspondence and assisting with form completion as and when required, such as to HMRC, our banks etc
Process documentation & Process improvement:
- Bring proactive ideas to help streamline processes across our Operations teams
- Collating and help with editing process and system documentation helping to create policies and guidance notes.
- Maintaining and managing process documentation with version control, ensuring our intranet is updated with the most recent versions and old information is removed.
- Working with our Bid team to provide initial responses to clients and client bids in regard to internal processes.
- Acting as a chaser in certain exercises, such as completion of WIP, where partners or others may need reminding of deadlines to undertake tasks.
- Demonstrable experience of working in a similar fast paced role where flexibility and prioritisation are key
- Ideally you will have experience working within professional services, however we are open to reviewing candidates outside of this who have worked in a similar role
- Strong numerical skills and excellent attention to detail are necessary
- Experienced in supporting with diary and inbox management is essential
- You are comfortable with supporting multiple stakeholders and can bring excellent organisational skills to help create efficiencies and improve processes
- Comfortable with Excel, collating and organising data.
- Confidentiality is key, you will be trusted with sensitive data that you must keep confidential and follow data protection procedures
- Excellent communication skills
- Personable and approachable, you will exemplify our values in the way you approach your work
Salary and benefits
• Salary: competitive based on market, professional experience and qualifications
• Performance related staff profit share scheme
• 26 days’ holiday per year (full time amount), plus Bank Holidays and days at Christmas and New Year.
• Pension scheme membership (after initial probationary period)
• Life and Accident insurance
• Group income protection scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• Critical Illness Cover
• Wellbeing Allowance
• Access to Peppy for you and your partner
• 1 paid volunteering day per year to help give back to our local communities
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
• Interest Free Rental Deposit Loan
• Employee assistance programme
• Enhanced maternity and paternity pay after passing probation
Alongside our competitive compensation and benefits package we offer all our staff the ongoing opportunities to learn and develop, through in-house CPD sessions, further education support as well as internal and external training programmes. Gerald Eve encourages pro-bono work and volunteering as well as regular social and sporting activities to engage with all your colleagues.
Our hybrid working policy outlines staff to be in the office for 3 days per week, with 2 days working from home. In our London offices, our desk booking app allows you to plan ahead, and book your desk up to 3 weeks ahead. We also offer great flexibility around our core hours, which are from 10.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. You can choose to start and end your day around these hours, provided you still do your 7.25 hours per day (e.g., 8.00 am – 4.30pm, 10.00 am – 6.30 pm). There is no requirement for this to be the same each day, but you are required to keep your manager informed. This position also involves out-of-hours working on an ‘as necessary’ basis. We are open to considering flexible working arrangements for everyone; this can be discussed during the application process or upon commencement.