About Gerald Eve LLP
Gerald Eve is a firm of international property consultants based in the UK. We operate a national network of nine offices and an international association covering 20 European countries and all major US markets. Whether you are a property owner, investor, occupier or developer, Gerald Eve provides independent, intelligent and relevant advice based on detailed market knowledge and sector understanding.
We provide comprehensive property advice to public and private sector organisations and our clients – including over 40 of the FTSE100 – hold some of the largest property portfolios in the country. Our employees are tasked with providing intelligent and commercial solutions to ensure our clients’ portfolios deliver the maximum return possible.
What sets us apart from our competitors is the way in which we value our people, and the values that are at the core of our business: Trust and Integrity, Respect, Friendliness and Excellence.
The Birmingham Lease Consultancy team are now looking to recruit a qualified Surveyor to undertake lease consultancy work. The most important thing for us is to identify the right individual who will fit in well with our existing team and busy working environment. Therefore, if we find the right person that has a different level of experience, we will be open to meeting with them.
About the Team
This role sits within our national business group, specifically within the Lease Consultancy team based in the Birmingham office. The team provides proactive advice to both landlord and occupier clients across all business space sectors. Rent reviews, lease renewals and lease re-gears form most of the ongoing instruction base, on premises across both East and West Midlands regions. However, rental due diligence also forms a significant role within the business, facilitating agency and capital markets functions among others. The team has a strong philosophy of collaboration.
The right candidate will be provided with opportunities to build and manage their own client list, as well as supporting the wider team in developing client relationships. Career development is a key driver of the ethos of the team and support will be provided to individuals with an aptitude for growing their skillset and business.
• To undertake rent reviews and lease renewals for a mix of landlord and tenant clients.
• To assist with development of the offices lease consultancy business with investors, funds and occupiers
• To carry out property inspections, conduct negotiations and where required prepare expert reports.
• To use strong research and analytical skills to identify and interpret market rental evidence.
• To use good organisational skills to manage and prioritise a busy and developing caseload.
• To be a strong and effective negotiator, to develop effective and long lasting relationships with our clients, using exceptional rapport building, questioning and summarising skills.
• To develop and maintain a strong network of internal and external contacts and to use these contacts in order to further develop business for Gerald Eve.
• MRICS qualified
• Lease consultancy experience essential
• Planning and prioritising skills in order to schedule work and ensure its timely completion, taking into account conflicting deadlines.
• Able to work flexibly between tasks.
• Strong drive for results and highly proactive in order to maintain momentum and complete the task.
• A high degree of analytical ability.
• Portrays confidence in ability to both sell to the client, and meet their needs.
• Well organised with excellent planning, organisational, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Good personal and professional manner in dealing with client contacts at all levels.
• Full driving licence.
Salary and benefits
• Salary: competitive based on market, professional experience and qualifications
• Car allowance
• Performance related staff profit share scheme
• 26 days’ holiday, plus Bank Holidays and days at Christmas and New Year.
• Pension scheme membership
• Life and Accident insurance
• Group income protection scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• Critical Illness Cover
• Fitness Allowance
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
• Interest Free Rental Deposit Loan
• Employee assistance programme
• Enhanced maternity and paternity pay after two years’ service
• Professional subscription (MRICS) covered by the firm
Alongside our competitive compensation and benefits package we offer all our staff the ongoing opportunities to learn and develop, through in-house CPD sessions, further education support as well as internal and external training programmes. Gerald Eve encourage pro-bono work and volunteering as well as regular social and sporting activities to engage with all your colleagues.
Your progression will be supported and guided by managers and mentors using a transparent framework so you can clearly see what you need to do to get to where you want to be.
The normal hours of work for this position are 0900hrs to 1730hrs, Monday to Friday. This position also involves out of hours working on an ‘as necessary’ basis.
Vanessa Briggs Gerald Eve LLP 72 Welbeck Street, London, W1G 0AY
Direct tel. 0207 333 6335
The firm is an equal opportunities employer and applications from persons belonging to minority groups are encouraged.
Your personal data submitted and processed in relation to this job application will be stored and processed securely in accordance with our Data Protection policy. By submitting an application you are agreeing to your data being used, stored and processed for the purpose of recruitment.
The terms and conditions of this appointment may be varied by the firm to meet business requirements and/or to meet changes in best practice or legal requirements.