About Gerald Eve LLP
Gerald Eve is a firm of international property consultants based in the UK. We operate a national network of nine offices and an international association covering 20 European countries and all major US markets. Whether you are a property owner, investor, occupier or developer, Gerald Eve provides independent, intelligent and relevant advice based on detailed market knowledge and sector understanding.
We provide comprehensive property advice to public and private sector organisations and our clients – including over 40 of the FTSE100 – hold some of the largest property portfolios in the country. Our employees are tasked with providing intelligent and commercial solutions to ensure our clients’ portfolios deliver the maximum return possible.
What sets us apart from our competitors is the way in which we value our people, and the values that are at the core of our business: Trust and Integrity, Respect, Friendliness and Excellence.
About the Team
The ICT department (including this position) provides services to all members of the firm. The ICT Helpdesk team provides 1st/2nd and 3rd line support to over 500 computer users at various levels, the majority of whom are senior fee-earners operating to very tight business deadlines, with varying degrees of ICT system knowledge. The firm operates out of 9 locations across the UK.
The ICT Helpdesk is covered by a shift rota Monday to Friday and receives approximately 100+ telephone calls and e-mails per day, of which 75% are resolved on first contact.
The team works hard, maintaining a positive attitude, working together with everyone contributing, reflecting the firm’s continued success and fee-earners’ expectations.
This position will learn to provide first line technical support to internal staff across the business as well as undertaking and maintaining a full physical audit of the firm’s technological equipment.
The successful candidate will be interested in developing a career in ICT support, show excellent customer service skills and an aptitude for learning a variety of applications and systems. There is also a range of administration support duties within this role.
Coverage of the helpdesk includes all nine office locations as well as remote/home users.
• Conduct a physical audit of technical equipment in the firm; logging serial numbers and maintaining a schedule of equipment
• Attend to printer issues throughout the office; jams, toner cartridges, paper refilling
• Field incoming help requests from end users via both telephone and e-mail in a friendly and professional manner
• Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles
• Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue using helpdesk software and subsequently updating solutions
• Provide stats for the weekly Service Desk report on call trends
• Escalate issues to the helpdesk team
• Provide 1st line support - troubleshooting of IT related problems from in-house software to hardware, such as iPhones, laptops, tablets and printers
• Troubleshoot basic network connectivity issues and home user connectivity issues, such as ADSL broadband issues
• Unlock accounts and reset passwords
• Develop help sheets and frequently asked questions lists for end users.
• Perform preventative maintenance, including the checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals
Key attributes and qualifications
• Some experience of ICT support in a professional services environment
• Enthusiasm for developing a career in ICT support
• Excellent communication skills and telephone manner
• Excellent organisational skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft-based operating systems
• Takes pride in providing excellent customer service
• Ability to absorb and retain information quickly
• Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
• Experience of working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Salary and benefits
• Salary: competitive based on market, professional experience and qualifications
• Performance related staff profit share scheme
• 26 days’ holiday, plus Bank Holidays and days at Christmas and New Year.
• Pension scheme membership (after initial probationary period)
• Life and Accident insurance
• Group income protection scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• Critical Illness Cover
• Fitness Allowance
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
• Interest Free Rental Deposit Loan
• Employee assistance programme
• Enhanced maternity and paternity pay after two years’ service
Alongside our competitive compensation and benefits package we offer all our staff the ongoing opportunities to learn and develop, through in-house CPD sessions, further education support as well as internal and external training programmes. Gerald Eve encourages pro-bono work and volunteering as well as regular social and sporting activities to engage with all your colleagues.
Your progression will be supported and guided by managers and mentors using a transparent framework so you can clearly see what you need to do to get to where you want to be.
There is a rotating shift pattern for the ICT team to ensure coverage from 8am to 6pm, with a working day of 7.25 hours.
The firm is an equal opportunities employer and applications from persons belonging to minority groups are encouraged.
Your personal data submitted and processed in relation to this job application will be stored and processed securely in accordance with our Data Protection policy. By submitting an application you are agreeing to your data being used, stored and processed for the purpose of recruitment.
The terms and conditions of this appointment may be varied by the firm to meet business requirements and/or to meet changes in best practice or legal requirements.