About Gerald Eve LLP
Gerald Eve is a firm of international property consultants based in the UK. We operate a national network of nine offices and an international association covering 20 European countries and all major US markets. Whether you are a property owner, investor, occupier or developer, Gerald Eve provides independent, intelligent and relevant advice based on detailed market knowledge and sector understanding.
We provide comprehensive property advice to public and private sector organisations and our clients – including over 40 of the FTSE100 – hold some of the largest property portfolios in the country. Our employees are tasked with providing intelligent and commercial solutions to ensure our clients’ portfolios deliver the maximum return possible.
What sets us apart from our competitors is the way in which we value our people, and the values that are at the core of our business: Trust and Integrity, Respect, Friendliness and Excellence.
About the Team
The ICT department (including this position) provides services to all members of the firm. The ICT Helpdesk team provides 1st/2nd and 3rd line support to over 500 computer users at various levels, the majority of whom are senior fee-earners operating to very tight business deadlines, with varying degrees of ICT system knowledge. The firm operates out of 9 locations across the UK.
The ICT Helpdesk is covered by a shift rota Monday to Friday and receives approximately 100+ telephone calls and e-mails per day, of which 75% are resolved on first contact.
The team works hard, maintaining a positive attitude, working together with everyone contributing, reflecting the firm’s continued success and fee-earners’ expectations.
Our ideal candidate will carry out 1st, 2nd and some 3rd line tasks and have 2-3 years’ experience in assisting end users, resolving issues, setting up computers, purchasing equipment and installing software. The role is primarily 2nd line support although you will also be expected to carry out some 1st line tasks. You will have the opportunity to assist on some server and application hosting projects.
Use of the following technologies is more critical than the actual vendor type the candidate has used in many cases.
• Use of helpdesk software, dealing with common faults, following procedures, logging work done, escalating issues to 3rd line
• Answering calls from the helpdesk
• Experience of working to SLAs and deadlines
• Active Directory, network printers, networking (TCP/IP), antivirus and firewalling
• Dealing with vendors and purchasing
• Ability to pick up new technology and concepts quickly
• Complete scheduled maintenance tasks
• Keeping systems documentation and procedures updated
• 1st/2nd line experience with a “well rounded” knowledge of core IT fundamentals
• Experience with supporting PCs/Laptops running Microsoft Windows 7/8/10 with some Apple OSX
• The ability to diagnose end users’ issues quickly and come up with creative solutions to problems
• Experience of supporting end user hardware, and software such as Microsoft Office 365, Skype for Business
• Office 365 administration
• Virtualisation Platforms (VMware ESXi/vSphere v5+)
• Knowledge of server operating systems (Windows Server 2008+)
• Amazon AWS
• MSSQL, MySQL and/or PostgreSQL
• Desktop disk imaging (regardless of the solution)
• Backup software (regardless of vendor)
Salary and benefits
• Salary: competitive based on market, professional experience and qualifications
• Performance related staff profit share scheme
• 26 days’ holiday, plus Bank Holidays and days at Christmas and New Year.
• Pension scheme membership (after initial probationary period)
• Life and Accident insurance
• Group income protection scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• Critical Illness Cover
• Fitness Allowance
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
• Interest Free Rental Deposit Loan
• Employee assistance programme
• Enhanced maternity and paternity pay after two years’ service
Alongside our competitive compensation and benefits package we offer all our staff the ongoing opportunities to learn and develop, through in-house CPD sessions, further education support as well as internal and external training programmes. Gerald Eve encourages pro-bono work and volunteering as well as regular social and sporting activities to engage with all your colleagues.
Your progression will be supported and guided by managers and mentors using a transparent framework so you can clearly see what you need to do to get to where you want to be.
There is a rotating shift pattern for the ICT team to ensure coverage from 8am to 6pm, with a working day of 7.25 hours.
The firm is an equal opportunities employer and applications from persons belonging to minority groups are encouraged.
Your personal data submitted and processed in relation to this job application will be stored and processed securely in accordance with our Data Protection policy. By submitting an application you are agreeing to your data being used, stored and processed for the purpose of recruitment.
The terms and conditions of this appointment may be varied by the firm to meet business requirements and/or to meet changes in best practice or legal requirements.