Technical Assistant - Hotels
About Gerald Eve LLP
Gerald Eve provides property consultancy services to investors, occupiers and developers. We operate a national network of nine offices and an International Alliance, with partner firms covering 20 European countries and all major US markets. Our specialist sectors include industrial and logistics, alternative markets, the London office market, public sector and corporate real estate services.
Gerald Eve’s partners take pride in their reputation as leading experts and our highly regarded sector specialist teams continue to attract the best talent in the market. We offer comprehensive property advice to public and private sector clients, which includes over 40 of the FTSE100 and some of the largest property portfolios in the UK. Clients benefit from long-term trusted advisor relationships, with client teams providing advice across the full spectrum of property services.
What sets us apart from our competitors is the way in which we value our people, our size and open plan workspace which supports collaborative working. Gerald Eve thrives as a privately-owned partnership and the “we are all in this together” approach is respected across the business. Our values define our culture: Trust and Integrity, Respect, Friendliness and Excellence. We are a previous Times 100 Best Employer and Estates Gazette Employer of the Year 2018. Our Diversity approach is central to the business, championed by our Senior Partner, Simon Prichard, who is currently Chair of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) UK and Ireland Board.
What is it like to work at Gerald Eve?
Most new joiners to Gerald Eve remark on the friendly welcome they receive from colleagues. From lunch-time yoga and pilates classes, sports teams and book and chess clubs to pro bono and charity work, we strive to strike the right balance between work and social activities. In 2018, we won the Vitality Healthiest Workplace in the UK award (mid-sized firm) and we encourage healthy eating and mental wellbeing across the business.
We are a responsible business and recognise that our staff often benefit from flexible, agile working arrangements, something we are open to exploring with candidates.
About the Team
The Hotel Advisory team is the largest specialist team in a partnership with experts in Hotels, Serviced Apartments, Aparthotels and Resorts. The team is a young at heart, collaborative, sociable and an expanding and developing team. The Hotels team is part of the wider Leisure team which falls under the Alternative Markets business group.
In the hotel sector, they provide valuation and consultancy advice on hotels, serviced apartments and resorts. In London, they have advised on over 125 hotels in the last year together with European and international instructions (e.g. Cape Verde, Germany, Vienna, Greece, Brussels, etc.). They also regularly advise in the serviced apartment sector providing valuation advice on new developments and have valued several portfolios.
In the wider hotel sector in Gerald Eve, they are the largest hotel asset managers and the largest hotel taxation specialist in the UK providing market intel at all levels.
The Hotels Advisory team is seeking a Technical Assistant in order to meet client and business requirements in providing client and administrative support.
• Regular and ad-hoc reporting and data entry duties, including but not limited to:
o Entering new instructions onto the company and team databases
o Proof reading reports
o Liaising with new clients and client onboarding team to create new client entities
o Carrying our conflict of interest checks
o Supporting the preparation of Valuation, Proof of Evidence and other reports as required
o Drafting correspondence under the direction of the Partners or Associates concerned
o Drafting Terms of Engagement letters under the direction of the Partners or Associates
o Obtaining data from a multitude of sources in order to analyse, compare and report upon
o Data input of profit and loss information
o Researching relevant comparables, data and statistics, using both internal and external sources
o Preparing information related to hotels’ bed stock and other guest facilities
o Searching for and summarising new hotel competition to identify possible impact on our clients’ hotels
o Inputting comparable data into team schedules
o Creating maps, including Promaps
• To be the client contact for Premier Inn Growth, providing the following services:
o Taking minutes at monthly meetings
o Land registry searches
o Summarising Pre-Development Reports (PDR)
o Checking tenures
o Answering client queries
o Carrying out due diligence
• To work in accordance with the firm’s Quality Assurance, Environmental and Health & Safety procedures/policies.
• Financial administration on behalf of the office, including but not limited to:
o raising and recording invoices
o ensuring timely and accurate issue of fee accounts
o following up and recording unpaid fee invoices
o dealing with queries (internal and external)
o ensuring timely completion expense claims
• General administrative duties as required, including but not limited to:
o Updating report templates and engagement letter templates as required
o Liaising directly with clients, including organising of inspections
o Ensuring timely receipt, distribution and allocation of incoming post
o Filing, photocopying, printing, binding and organising
o Arranging meetings and supplementary catering and travel arrangements
o Being the first point of contact for calls and visitors
o Ensuring bid documents, reports and all correspondence are dealt with and despatched in a timely and appropriate fashion
o Other duties commensurate with the position
• Collaborative and flexible team player.
• Experience in a similar role, particularly working with databases, is essential. Having worked in a professional/partnership environment would be helpful but is not required.
• A commitment to excellence and developing strong client relationships.
• Strong numeracy and literacy skills coupled with a high analytical ability and attention to detail.
• A high degree of flexibility and the ability to adapt to unexpected changes initiated by either the client or the department
• Exceptionally organised, able to work to tight deadlines and use initiative.
• Strong commercial awareness and acumen.
• Excellent interpersonal ability coupled with rapport building, effective listening, questioning and summarising skills.
• Ability to manage and develop key external contacts to maximise business opportunities for Gerald Eve.
• Capable of working collaboratively within a team, but also able to work proactively without supervision.
• Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications and relevant IT-based systems.
Salary and benefits
• Salary: competitive based on market, professional experience and qualifications
• Performance related staff profit share scheme
• 26 days’ holiday, plus Bank Holidays and days at Christmas and New Year.
• Pension scheme membership (after initial probationary period)
• Life and Accident insurance
• Group income protection scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• Critical Illness Cover
• Fitness Allowance
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
• Interest Free Rental Deposit Loan
• Employee assistance programme
• Enhanced maternity and paternity pay after two years’ service
Alongside our competitive compensation and benefits package we offer all our staff the ongoing opportunities to learn and develop, through in-house CPD sessions, further education support as well as internal and external training programmes. Gerald Eve encourage pro-bono work and volunteering as well as regular social and sporting activities to engage with all your colleagues.