Senior Planning Consultant
About Gerald Eve LLP
Gerald Eve is a firm of international property consultants based in the UK. We operate a national network of nine offices and an international association covering 20 European countries and all major US markets. Whether you are a property owner, investor, occupier or developer, Gerald Eve provides independent, intelligent and relevant advice based on detailed market knowledge and sector understanding.
We provide comprehensive property advice to public and private sector organisations and our clients – including over 40 of the FTSE100 – hold some of the largest property portfolios in the country. Our employees are tasked with providing intelligent and commercial solutions to ensure our clients’ portfolios deliver the maximum return possible.
What sets us apart from our competitors is the way in which we value our people, and the values that are at the core of our business: Trust and Integrity, Respect, Friendliness and Excellence.
What is it like to work at Gerald Eve?
Most new joiners to Gerald Eve remark on the friendly welcome they receive from colleagues. From lunch-time yoga and pilates classes, sports teams and book and chess clubs to pro bono and charity work, we strive to strike the right balance between work and social activities. In 2018, we won the Vitality Healthiest Workplace in the UK award (mid-sized firm) and we encourage healthy eating and mental wellbeing across the business.
We are a responsible business and recognise that our staff often benefit from flexible, agile working arrangements, something we are open to exploring with candidates.
About the Team
Our Planning & Development team is one of the most respected in the UK. More than 100 people strong, based in London and Manchester, we offer one of the largest integrated teams in our sector. We remain at the forefront of policy making and our unrivalled knowledge of central and local government planning systems ensures our clients receive first class, impartial advice and innovative, intelligent solutions to meet their objectives. We have a blue-chip client base and work hard to create long-term, enduring relationships that will generate added value for our clients. We are a highly experienced, personable team with real depth of skill, knowledge, innovation commitment and resource.
We are seeking to recruit a Senior Planning Consultant, whose strong academic and technical skills are coupled with a proven track record in providing excellent client care gained in a private sector, consultancy environment, or equivalent.
As a Senior Planning Consultant, you will work with Partners and other members of the P&D team for and on behalf of clients whose properties are located mainly (but not solely) in Central London, dealing predominantly with planning officers responsible for Westminster, Kensington & Chelsea, Camden, Southwark, Islington and Lambeth.
You will be involved in diverse range of high-profile projects for a variety of clients. This is likely to include some work for the Great Estates in central London and clients such as Grosvenor Estates, Church Commissioners, Crown Estates, Urbanest and also clients within the educational sector including University of London, City University and Kings College and Royal Academy. As well as developer clients such as Landsec, Derwent, Stanhope and Great Portland Estates.
Key attributes for the position are:
• MRTPI-qualified with a proven academic and career record to date demonstrating progression, the ability to successfully deal with clients at all levels and a passion for delivering high quality work and excellent customer service.
• Excellent commercial acumen, networking skills and the ability to participate effectively in a business driven by providing a top-level client service. Includes the ability to identify key issues relating to a problem and identify creative options and solutions for addressing these.
• The ability to establish effective relationships at all levels within and outside Gerald Eve and translate these into business growth opportunities for the Firm.
• A good personal manner, calm and authoritative, particularly when dealing with clients, but also internally, e.g. when supervising Graduate Trainees and other junior members of the team.
• The ability to use knowledge and information to identify and develop creative but practical commercial opportunities on the client’s behalf.
What you can expect from us
The department has a strong reputation for both commercial success and the development of its people. It does this by business partnering its clients rather than seeing itself as merely a service provider and by allowing its people to really help their clients. The successful individual will get the chance to truly work directly for and with highly demanding client teams, including major London estates.
Excellent prospects for career progression, based on applied ability and performance.
CPD is strongly encouraged and internal seminars, to support this, are held in-house.
Opportunities to attend networking and development events are given and attendance is encouraged.
Salary and benefits
• Salary: competitive based on market, professional experience and qualifications
• Car allowance
• Performance related staff profit share scheme
• 26 days’ holiday, plus Bank Holidays and days at Christmas and New Year.
• Pension scheme membership (after initial probationary period)
• Life and Accident insurance
• Group income protection scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• Critical Illness Cover
• Wellbeing Allowance
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
• Interest Free Rental Deposit Loan
• Employee assistance programme
• Enhanced maternity and paternity pay after two years’ service
Alongside our competitive compensation and benefits package we offer all our staff the ongoing opportunities to learn and develop, through in-house CPD sessions, further education support as well as internal and external training programmes. Gerald Eve encourage pro-bono work and volunteering as well as regular social and sporting activities to engage with all your colleagues.
Your progression will be supported and guided by managers and mentors using a transparent framework so you can clearly see what you need to do to get to where you want to be.
The normal hours of work for this position are 0900hrs to 1730hrs, Monday to Friday. This position also involves out of hours working on an ‘as necessary’ basis. The Firm’s core hours are from 10.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. and you may choose to start and end your day around these hours, provided you still do your 7.25 hours per day (e.g. 8.00 am – 4.30pm, 10.00 am – 6.30 pm). There is no requirement for this to be the same each day, but you are required to keep your manager informed. We are open to considering flexible working arrangements for everyone; this can be discussed during the application process or upon commencement.
Sadie Robbins Gerald Eve LLP 72 Welbeck Street, London, W1G 0AY
Direct tel. 0779 564 6377
The firm is an equal opportunities employer and applications from persons belonging to minority groups are encouraged.
Your personal data submitted and processed in relation to this job application will be stored and processed securely in accordance with our Data Protection policy. By submitting an application you are agreeing to your data being used, stored and processed for the purpose of recruitment.
The terms and conditions of this appointment may be varied by the firm to meet business requirements and/or to meet changes in best practice or legal requirements.