Surveyor - Commercial Valuation
About the Team
The team currently comprises 9 fee earners, inclusive of 3 Partners, all based in the West End; as well as an Administrator. The team carry out loan security and other valuations for banks, development companies and property investors, and land estates, predominantly in London and South East of England and across all sectors.
• Provide valuation advice on a wide range of properties on differing bases to financial institutions and property investors.
• Write concise and accurate valuation reports.
• Research comparable evidence.
• Carry out valuation calculations.
• Report and supply property information to financial institutions.
• MRICS qualified
• Strong technical and analytical capability
• The ability to efficiently manage your own workload with minimum supervision, dealing with and progressing instructions using personal initiative and professional/technical knowledge.
• Planning and prioritising skills to schedule work and ensure its timely completion, taking into account conflicting deadlines.
• Good personal and professional manner in dealing with client contacts at all levels.
• A degree of flexibility in order to move from one task to another without a loss of productivity
• Strong drive for results and highly proactive in order to maintain momentum and complete the task.
• Full driving license
Salary and benefits
• Salary: competitive based on market, professional experience and qualifications
• Car allowance
• Performance related staff profit share scheme
• 26 days’ holiday, plus Bank Holidays and days at Christmas and New Year.
• Pension scheme membership (after initial probationary period)
• Life and Accident insurance
• Group income protection scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• Critical Illness Cover
• Wellbeing Allowance
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
• Interest Free Rental Deposit Loan
• Employee assistance programme
• Enhanced maternity and paternity pay after two years’ service
• Professional subscription (MRICS) paid for by the firm
Alongside our competitive compensation and benefits package we offer all our staff the ongoing opportunities to learn and develop, through in-house CPD sessions, further education support as well as internal and external training programmes. Gerald Eve encourage pro-bono work and volunteering as well as regular social and sporting activities to engage with all your colleagues. Your progression will be supported and guided by managers and mentors using a transparent framework so you can clearly see what you need to do to get to where you want to be.
Hybrid working and core hours
Our hybrid working policy outlines staff to be in the office for 3 days per week, with 2 days working from home. In our London offices, our desk booking app allows you to plan ahead, and book your desk up to 3 weeks ahead. We also offer great flexibility around our core hours, which are from 10.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. You can choose to start and end your day around these hours, provided you still do your 7.25 hours per day (e.g. 8.00 am – 4.30pm, 10.00 am – 6.30 pm). There is no requirement for this to be the same each day,
but you are required to keep your manager informed. This position also involves out of hours working on an ‘as necessary’ basis. We are open to considering flexible working arrangements for everyone; this can be discussed during the application process or upon commencement.
The firm is an equal opportunities employer and applications from persons belonging to minority groups are encouraged. Your personal data submitted and processed in relation to this job application will be stored and processed securely in accordance with our Data Protection policy. By submitting an application you are agreeing to your data being used, stored and processed for the purpose of recruitment. The terms and conditions of this appointment may be varied by the firm to meet business requirements and/or to meet changes in best practice or legal requirements.