Junior Client Accountant
A new role to join our Property Management Finance (PMF) team as a Junior Client Accountant has arisen due to increased client work. This role will be part of our IPMF team, and will work alongside our Portfolio and Asset Management team.
About Gerald Eve LLP
Gerald Eve provides property consultancy services to investors, occupiers and developers. We operate a national network of nine offices and an International Alliance, with partner firms covering 20 European countries and all major US markets. Our specialist sectors include industrial and logistics, alternative markets, the London office market, public sector and corporate real estate services.
Gerald Eve’s partners take pride in their reputation as leading experts and our highly regarded sector specialist teams continue to attract the best talent in the market. We offer comprehensive property advice to public and private sector clients, which includes over 40 of the FTSE100 and some of the largest property portfolios in the UK. Clients benefit from long-term trusted advisor relationships, with client teams providing advice across the full spectrum of property services.
What sets us apart from our competitors is the way in which we value our people, our size and open plan workspace which supports collaborative working. Gerald Eve thrives as a privately-owned partnership and the “we are all in this together” approach is respected across the business. Our values define our culture: Trust and Integrity, Respect, Friendliness and Excellence. We are a previous Times 100 Best Employer and Estates Gazette Employer of the Year 2018. Our Diversity approach is central to the business, championed by our Senior Partner, Simon Prichard, who is currently Chair of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) UK and Ireland Board.
What is it like to work at Gerald Eve?
Most new joiners to Gerald Eve remark on the friendly welcome they receive from colleagues. From virtual lunch-time yoga and pilates classes, sports teams and book and chess clubs to pro bono and charity work, we strive to strike the right balance between work and social activities. In 2018, we won the Vitality Healthiest Workplace in the UK award (mid-sized firm) and we encourage healthy eating and mental wellbeing across the business.
We are a responsible business and recognise that our staff often benefit from flexible, agile working arrangements, something we are open to exploring with candidates.
About the Team
Our West Malling office is dedicated to two services: Rates Payment Managements Services (RPMS) and Property Management Finance (PMF):
RPMS brings together our expertise in rating surveying, ICT and rates accounting to introduce financial discipline, efficiency and liquidity to the payment of our clients’ rates bills. The team is responsible for processing annual rates liabilities of more than £1 billion on behalf businesses including: Whitbread Plc, Heathrow Airport, Cardtronics & BP
PMF provide property accounting services for both corporate occupier and investor clients. Working closely with our management surveyors and the client. Clients include: Christ Hospital Foundation, Costa, WH Smith, Siemens and Whitbread plc.
This role will specifically work on clients for our Asset Management team, who are based in our West End office. It will involve taking responsibility for a portfolio of investment clients, assisting the wider client accounting team, providing support in respect of accounts payable & receivable and helping with general administrative matters.
Will be required to undertake a wide range of property management accounting functions including:
• Dealing with general client accounting duties including timely transfer of client’s funds
• Preparing period end client reporting packs on a monthly/quarterly basis
• VAT reporting, bank reconciliations and rent deposit administration.
• Periodically entering budgets prepared by Property Manager and reviewing apportionments
• Manage and reconcile annual service charge accounts (including cash reconciliations and liaising with auditors)
• Maintain and update system data including changes in rent, lease details as required
• Analyse aged debtors and monitor fund balances
• Experience within Commercial Real Estate/Property Management with an understanding of RICS regulations
• Experience of using computer-based property management accounting systems, e.g. Yardi Voyager (preferred) or TRAMPS
• Excellent Excel skills
• Happy to work from our London office as and when required by the team
• Strong interpersonal ability coupled with rapport building, effective listening, questioning and summarising skills
• Ability to demonstrate excellent client care
• Planning and prioritising skills
• A high degree of flexibility and the ability to adapt to unexpected changes initiated by either the client or the department
• Strong drive for results in order to maintain momentum and complete the task
• The ability to use knowledge and information to spot and develop opportunities on the client’s behalf
Salary and benefits
• Competitive salary
• Performance related staff profit share scheme
• 26 days’ holiday, Bank Holidays and days at Christmas and New Year.
• Pension scheme membership
• Life, permanent health and Accident insurance
• Private Medical Insurance
• Critical Illness Cover
• Wellbeing Allowance
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
• Interest Free Rental Deposit Loan
• Employee assistance programme
• Enhanced maternity and paternity pay after two years’ service
• Professional subscription (MRICS) paid for by the firm
We offer all our staff the ongoing opportunities to learn and develop, through in-house CPD sessions, further education support as well as internal and external training programmes. Gerald Eve encourage pro-bono work and volunteering as well as regular social and sporting activities to engage with all your colleagues.
Working hours are Monday to Thursday 9am to 5.30pm with 1 hour for lunch and split working hours on Fridays only, alternating between 8.30am to 1.30pm with no lunch break, and 8.30 to 4.30 with 45 minutes for lunch.
Sadie Robbins, HR Advisor, Gerald Eve LLP, 72 Welbeck Street, London W1G 0AY
Direct tel. 02073 336 286
The firm is an equal opportunities employer and applications from persons belonging to minority groups are encouraged.