Surveyor - Leisure
About Gerald Eve LLP
Gerald Eve is a firm of international property consultants based in the UK. We operate a national network of nine offices and an international association covering 20 European countries and all major US markets. Whether you are a property owner, investor, occupier or developer, Gerald Eve provides independent, intelligent and relevant advice based on detailed market knowledge and sector understanding.
We provide comprehensive property advice to public and private sector organisations and our clients – including over 40 of the FTSE100 – hold some of the largest property portfolios in the country. Our employees are tasked with providing intelligent and commercial solutions to ensure our clients’ portfolios deliver the maximum return possible.
What sets us apart from our competitors is the way in which we value our people, and the values that are at the core of our business: Trust and Integrity, Respect, Friendliness and Excellence.
About the Team
The Leisure team has a wealth of experience of providing wide-ranging specialist advice across a variety of property types, from individual pubs to trophy assets including the All England Club, Earls Court & Olympia, the London Eye, the Queen’s Club and the Royal Albert Hall. All of the team are working nationwide with clients to maximise value and to create commercially viable opportunities. We operate at both corporate and individual level with specialist areas including:
• Health, fitness and tennis clubs – we act for many major organisations and corporate clients, providing property management, valuation, rent review and rating advice, as well as undertaking disposal and acquisition instructions.
• Entertainment - we are advisers to major cinema, bingo, casino and late night operators throughout the country and advise on some of the UK’s highest profile entertainment schemes.
• Investment and due diligence – we have facilitated and helped to execute many inward investment projects within the wider alternatives sector. Our clients include funds, banks, private equity houses and propcos.
• Pubs – providing valuation and property taxation advice on more than 7,000 pubs across the UK. We undertake portfolio valuations, agency and disposal instructions, as well as advising on due diligence, and property management.
The Partners are supported by Associates and other fee-earners, whose imaginative approach and commercial acumen in problem-solving enable us to deliver a first-rate, proactive and timely client service. Each member of the team is motivated by a personal and professional desire to excel, and in doing so develop their own knowledge, expertise and opportunities for career progression.
The role provides an opportunity to build a career within the rapidly growing operational real estate market and to get involved in the exciting and diverse underlying businesses that make up the hospitality sector.
This role will be multi-disciplinary with an emphasis on consultancy work associated with our leisure business with opportunities to be involved in investment and due diligence, lease consultancy, valuation and local taxation as well as other property disciplines.
• Build effective, commercial relationships with key client contacts, built upon technical expertise and outstanding communication (both written and face-to-face).
• Work with other members of the team, developing individual and collective expertise.
• Manage your own workload with experienced partner support.
• Assist in mentoring and developing graduates and apprentices within the team.
• MRICS qualified
• Proven track record in dealing with a full range of professional surveying issues.
• Well organised and possess excellent time management, organisational, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Able to organise a varied workload, prioritise and operate effectively under pressure and to deadlines while working as a member of a team.
• Have a proactive approach to problem solving and ability to follow these through to a satisfactory conclusion.
• Confident and self-motivated with a real desire to deliver excellent customer service.
• Possess good ICT skills.
Salary and benefits
• Salary: competitive based on market, professional experience and qualifications
• Car allowance
• Performance related staff profit share scheme
• 26 days’ holiday, plus Bank Holidays and days at Christmas and New Year.
• Pension scheme membership (after initial probationary period)
• Life and Accident insurance
• Group income protection scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• Critical Illness Cover
• Fitness Allowance
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
• Interest Free Rental Deposit Loan
• Employee assistance programme
• Enhanced maternity and paternity pay after two years’ service
• Professional subscription (MRICS) paid for by the firm
Alongside our competitive compensation and benefits package we offer all our staff the ongoing opportunities to learn and develop, through in-house CPD sessions, further education support as well as internal and external training programmes. Gerald Eve encourage pro-bono work and volunteering as well as regular social and sporting activities to engage with all your colleagues.
Your progression will be supported and guided by managers and mentors using a transparent framework so you can clearly see what you need to do to get to where you want to be.
The normal hours of work for this position are 0900hrs to 1730hrs, Monday to Friday. This position also involves out of hours working on an ‘as necessary’ basis. The Firm is open to considering flexible working arrangements for everyone; this can be discussed during the application process or upon commencement.
Lulu Farmbrough Gerald Eve LLP 72 Welbeck Street, London, W1G 0AY
Direct tel. 0207 333 6216
The firm is an equal opportunities employer and applications from persons belonging to minority groups are encouraged.
Your personal data submitted and processed in relation to this job application will be stored and processed securely in accordance with our Data Protection policy. By submitting an application you are agreeing to your data being used, stored and processed for the purpose of recruitment.
The terms and conditions of this appointment may be varied by the firm to meet business requirements and/or to meet changes in best practice or legal requirements.