The Development Monitoring Team sits within the Building Consultancy group. The Group provides Building Surveying, Lease Exit, Project Management and Development Monitoring Services to commercial property occupiers, developers, and investors
throughout the UK from our offices in London, Birmingham, Manchester and Glasgow. We enjoy strong and productive relationships with a first rate client base and with many other parts of the business, including our Agency, Investment, Valuation and Asset Management teams and continue to grow alongside the wider business.
In 2020 we established a dedicated Development Monitoring team to drive forward our ambitions in this area, focusing on higher value developments throughout the UK and beyond. The initiative has been extremely successful and well received by our clients.
We have secured a strong orderbook of long-term work, but we want to develop this business further and expand our capacity. Our work at the present time is across a variety of sectors including Hotels, Offices, large residential/mixed use town centre
development, speculative industrial, bespoke big box distribution warehousing and, affordable housing. Our schemes typically range from £10 - £250m build costs.
This is an opportunity for a well-motivated, client facing individual to help develop a business within the existing Gerald Eve organisation. The core functions of this role will be to support the existing team members with new instructions, assist with the
technical appraisals of schemes and provide our clients with the highest quality technical advice set in a commercial context. You will be involved throughout the monitoring phase of the instructions completing regular inspections of the works, you will appraise
the on-going design development and assess and manage the development finance drawdown mechanisms.
• MRICS qualified
• Quantity Surveying or Building Surveying background, although other experience will be considered.
• First rate report writing ability
• Proven IT skills, including high-level Excel competency
• Well organised, efficient, uses initiative and able to work to tight deadlines
• Excellent written/communication skills with an eye for detail
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, coupled with an eye for detail
• A commitment to excellence and developing strong client relationships
• Flexible and self-motivated with a real desire to deliver excellent customer service
• Positive attitude, the desire to work in a dynamic fun environment and to take control of you career development.
Salary and benefits
• Salary: competitive based on market, professional experience and qualifications
• (Travel allowance)
• Performance related staff profit share scheme
• 26 days’ holiday, plus Bank Holidays and days at Christmas and New Year.
• Pension scheme membership (after initial probationary period)
• Life and Accident insurance
• Group income protection scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• Critical Illness Cover
• Wellbeing Allowance
• Access to Peppy for you and your partner
• 1 paid volunteering day per year to help give back to our local communities
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
• Interest Free Rental Deposit Loan
• Employee assistance programme
• Enhanced maternity and paternity pay after two years’ service
• Professional subscription (MRICS/MRTPI) paid for by the firm
Alongside our competitive compensation and benefits package we offer all our staff the ongoing opportunities to learn and develop, through in-house CPD sessions, further education support as well as internal and external training programmes. Gerald Eve encourage pro-bono work and volunteering as well as regular social and sporting activities to engage with all your colleagues. Your progression will be supported and guided by managers and mentors using a transparent framework so you can clearly see what
you need to do to get to where you want to be.
Hybrid working and core hours
Our hybrid working policy outlines staff to be in the office for 3 days per week, with 2 days working from home. In our London offices, our desk booking app allows you to plan ahead, and book your desk up to 3 weeks ahead. We also offer great flexibility around our core hours, which are from 10.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. You can choose to start and end your day around these hours, provided you still do your 7.25 hours per day (e.g. 8.00 am – 4.30pm, 10.00 am – 6.30 pm). There is no requirement for this to be the same each day, but you are required to keep your manager informed. This position also involves out of hours working on an ‘as necessary’ basis. We are open to considering flexible working arrangements for everyone; this can be discussed during the application process or upon commencement.