Our Planning & Development team currently comprises approximately 100 fee earners, based in London, Manchester, Birmingham and Leeds. We have a support team of 13 people who work collaboratively and effectively to support the professional team. The team is fully integrated and is passionate about providing our blue-chip client base with creative but practical solutions and options, working to create long-term, enduring relationships which will generate added value for our clients. We help our clients improve asset value, secure planning permission, find a developer or sell development land and property.
We are looking for an experienced PA to support multiple partners along with the professional team who works with them.
• Full range of Secretarial/PA duties for partners and other fee-earners in the P&D team as well as providing support across the whole department working closely with the support group. A degree of flexibility in assisting one another where possible is essential.
• Extensive diary management; booking meetings both internally and with clients, and occasionally off site; arranging meeting rooms; and ordering refreshments as and when required.
• Managing the Partners’ email account, dealing with correspondence and flagging up important actions.
• Updating and managing schedules and running reports as directed by Partners.
• Answering telephones for and on behalf of partners and fee-earners, taking messages and passing to alternative team members as appropriate. Dealing with internal and external queries wherever possible
• Copy typing up, and formatting, of reports.
• Assisting the Partner in coordinating and recording business development activity within the department
• Completing timesheets and entering these into the system when required.
• Helping to draft and submit fee proposals on behalf of partners.
• Helping to draft and submit tenders for large projects – liaising with the BD Department on submission through appropriate portals and collating standard information from the appropriate individuals
• Collating/inputting information regarding WIP onto the WIP sheet, attending weekly WIP meetings, taking notes (on a rota) of any actions for any of the jobs (Development Team only).
• Managing financial data for the partners.
• Working with the compliance team, finance team and billing co-ordinator to ensure that invoices are sent out accurately and in a timely fashion each month.
• Liaising with partners and assistants in respect of scope of work and fees on a monthly basis; raising invoices and issuing them to clients.
• Liaising with the billing co-ordinator in respect of Credit and Re-Issue requests.
• Liaising with Credit Control in respect of unpaid bills for the partners.
• Dealing with incoming and outgoing emails for the partners;
• General office duties to ensure the smooth running of the department including filing, copying, binding, scanning and correspondence when required.
• Providing cover for other support staff when required.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, coupled with an eye for detail, personal resilience, a commitment to excellence, a can-do attitude and the ability to deliver high-quality work to tight deadlines.
• Experience in a similar role essential; ideally 3-5 years +
• An understanding of PO’s and billing private and public sector entities.
• A basic understanding of contracts and sub-consultancy arrangements in relation to insurance liabilities would be helpful
• High-level administrative and organisational skills to prioritise and ensure work is processed and commitments are met to agreed deadlines.
• Fast and accurate typing (60wpm+), combined with an advanced knowledge of Word and a sound knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint.
• Highly organised and capable of getting things done, working to tight deadlines, using initiative and common sense.
• Self-motivated with a real desire to deliver excellent customer service.
• Ability to learn bespoke software programmes
Salary and benefits
• Salary: competitive based on market, professional experience and qualifications
• Performance related staff profit share scheme
• 26 days’ holiday, plus Bank Holidays and days at Christmas and New Year.
• Pension scheme membership (after initial probationary period)
• Life and Accident insurance
• Group income protection scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• Critical Illness Cover
• Wellbeing Allowance
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
• Interest Free Rental Deposit Loan
• Employee assistance programme
• Enhanced maternity and paternity pay after two years’ service
Alongside our competitive compensation and benefits package we offer all our staff the ongoing opportunities to learn and develop, through in-house CPD sessions, further education support as well as internal and external training programmes. Gerald Eve encourage pro-bono work and volunteering as well as regular social and sporting activities to engage with all your colleagues. Your progression will be supported and guided by managers and mentors using a transparent framework so you can clearly see what you need to do to get to where you want to be.