Part of a team comprising 1 Partner, 1 Senior Surveyor, 1 Surveyor, 1 Graduate and 1 administrator within an office providing investment and occupational agency, lease consultancy, rating, building consultancy and planning. The role sits within our North West valuation team who carry out a varied and diverse range of valuation instructions throughout Manchester, the North West and North Wales. Assignments are predominantly for financial reporting & loan security purposes but with other requirements for
taxation, statutory or strategic advice.
The team values both commercial and residential property, although this vacancy relates primarily to commercial valuations. The vast majority of time will be spent undertaking either loan security valuations on behalf of the major lending organisations including UK clearing banks and alternative lenders. However we also undertake portfolio valuations for financial reporting purposes and corporate & institutional entities.
We are hiring for 2 positions, beween Senior Surveyor to Associate level.
• Providing valuation advice to clients for loan security, accounts and other purposes
• Producing Red Book valuation reports to a very high standard
• Reporting to clients and senior colleagues
• Adherence to internal processes, lender requirements and RICS regulations
• Building professional business through networking internally and externally
• MRICS qualified and Registered Valuer (essential)
• Ideally a minimum of 3 years PQE
• Experience in writing clear and concise reports and providing strategic property advice and due diligence (essential)
• Experience of statutory, development and investment valuations across different asset types
• Good market knowledge & strong commercial awareness
• Capabilities in Microsoft applications as well as Argus investment and development packages
• Desire and energy to be involved with a variety of commercial, specialist and mixed use valuations
• Ability to manage workload effectively and with minimal supervision
• Willingness to oversee and assist junior colleagues
• Demonstrable communication skills
Salary and benefits
• Salary: competitive based on market, professional experience and qualifications
• Travel allowance
• Performance related staff profit share scheme
• Pension scheme membership (after initial probationary period)
• 26 days’ holiday per year (full time amount), plus Bank Holidays and days at Christmas and New Year.
• Enhanced maternity and paternity pay after passing probation
• Life and Accident insurance
• Group income protection scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• Critical Illness Cover
• Wellbeing Allowance
• Access to Peppy for you and your partner
• 1 paid volunteering day per year to help give back to our local communities
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
• Interest Free Rental Deposit Loan
• Employee assistance programme
• Professional subscription (MRICS/MRTPI) paid for by the firm
Alongside our competitive compensation and benefits package we offer all our staff the ongoing opportunities to learn and develop, through in-house CPD sessions, further education support as well as internal and external training programmes. Gerald Eve encourage pro-bono work and volunteering as well as regular social and sporting activities to engage with all your colleagues. Your progression will be supported and guided by managers and mentors using a transparent framework so you can clearly see what you need to do to get to where you want to be.
Hybrid working and core hours
Our hybrid working policy outlines staff to be in the office for 3 days per week, with 2 days working from home. In our London offices, our desk booking app allows you to plan ahead, and book your desk up to 3 weeks ahead. We also offer great flexibility around our core hours, which are from 10.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. You can choose to start and end your day around these hours, provided you still do your 7.25 hours per day (e.g. 8.00 am – 4.30pm, 10.00 am – 6.30 pm). There is no requirement for this to be the same each day, but you are required to keep your manager informed. This position also involves out of hours working on an ‘as necessary’ basis. We are open to considering flexible working arrangements for everyone; this can be discussed during the application process or upon commencement.
The firm is an equal opportunities employer and applications from persons belonging to minority groups are encouraged.