About the Team
Our West Malling office is dedicated to Client Accounting, comprising three services: Rates Payment Managements Services (RPMS), Corporate Property Management Finance (CPMF) and Investment Property Management Finance (IPMF).
• RPMS brings together our expertise in rating surveying, ICT and rates accounting to introduce financial discipline, efficiency and liquidity to the payment of our clients’ rates bills. The team is responsible for processing annual rates liabilities of more than £1 billion on behalf of businesses including: BP, Costa, JP Morgan and Whitbread.
•CPMF combines our property management expertise with strong accounting knowledge to manage the finances for our corporate occupier clients’ property portfolios. Making payment to our client’s landlords for Rent and Service Charges of over £700 Million per year. Clients include Costa, WH Smith and Whitbread plc.
• IPMF combines our Property Asset Management team with strong client accounting team to manage the financial aspects of our investment clients’ portfolios. Collected rent and managing service charges and providing comprehensive reporting.
We are now looking to recruit strong individual for an Accounts Manager within the RPMS team.
• Responsibility for delivery of rates payment service for designated clients
• Build relationship with client contacts
• Deal with a number of client queries and requests
• Update portfolio changes for clients with local authority
• Provide reports for clients upon request
• Resolving queries with councils resulting from discrepancies, managing diary
• Actively chasing monies due back to clients from councils
• Ensuring that clients only pay the balances due to be paid on a just in time basis
• Dealing with the processing of business rates demands for our entire client base into our bespoke software
• Verifying that the balance charged matches the expected value
• Well organised, methodical and conscientious; capable of using initiative and common sense
• Experience with Business Rates payments (either from Billing authority or client side) preferred however not essential
• Experience within a similar accounts/finance role, either as Accounts Assistant or Accounts Manager, essential
• A total commitment to client service
• Part-qualification e.g. AAT is desirable not essential
• Strong attention to detail
• Works well under pressure and to deadlines
• Able to deal with people at all levels with tact and diplomacy
• Must be numerate and have an eye for detail
• Good communication skills, both in writing and on the telephone – this is particularly important when dealing with clients
• Experience of using computer-based accounting systems
• Good spreadsheet (Excel) and IT skills
• Excellent time management and ability to work under pressure
Salary and benefits
• Salary: competitive based on market, professional experience and qualifications
• Performance related staff profit share scheme
• 26 days’ holiday, plus Bank Holidays and days at Christmas and New Year
• Pension scheme membership (after initial probationary period)
• Life and Accident insurance
• Group income protection scheme
Private Medical Insurance
• Critical Illness Cover
• Wellbeing Allowance
• Access to Peppy for you and your partner
• 1 paid volunteering day per year to help give back to our local communities
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
• Interest Free Rental Deposit Loan
• Employee assistance programme
• Enhanced maternity and paternity pay after two years’ service
Alongside our competitive compensation and benefits package, we offer all our staff the ongoing opportunities to learn and develop, through in-house CPD sessions, further education support as well as internal and external training programmes. Gerald Eve encourage pro-bono work and volunteering as well as regular social and sporting activities to engage with all your colleagues. Your progression will be supported and guided by managers and mentors using a transparent framework so you can clearly see what you need to do to get to where you want to be.