The Building Consultancy Group provides Building Surveying, Lease Exit, Project Management and Project Monitoring Services to commercial property occupiers, developers and investors throughout the UK from our offices in London, Birmingham, Manchester and Glasgow.
The Group enjoys strong and productive relationships with a first rate client base and with many other parts of the business, including our Agency, Investment, Valuation and Asset Management teams,
Although we work in the traditional commercial arena, we also have particularly strong relationships with clients in the education and serviced living sectors, with charities and religious institutions and with the London Estates.
The Glasgow Building Surveying team comprises 1 Partner, 1 Senior Associate and 1 Assistant Surveyor. It has been identified as an area for strategic growth and this appointment will help to provide the structure for future development of the team.
The Glasgow Building Consultancy team are seeking to recruit a Placement Student on a 9 month fixed term contract to help assist the existing members of the team deliver ongoing instructions. This will offer a student an excellent opportunity to gain experience in Building Surveying within a multi-disciplinary firm.
• Support existing team members with current workload.
• Assist with instructions which require CAD support.
• Shadow existing team members in various inspections to gain a broad understanding of a Building Surveyors duties.
• Support surveyors in other departments within the office to gain an overall understanding of the business as a whole.
You will currently be studying a degree, most likely in building surveying or real estate, which offers a placement year.
• Be enthusiastic and willing to learn.
• Have a positive attitude.
• Proven IT skills including high level word and excel competency.
• Well organised, efficient, uses initiative and able to work to tight deadlines.
• Good written/communication skills with an eye for detail.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, coupled with an eye for detail.
• Flexible and self-motivated with a real desire to deliver excellent customer service.
Salary and benefits
• Salary: competitive based on market, professional experience and qualifications
• Performance related staff profit share scheme
• 26 days’ holiday per year, plus Bank Holidays and days at Christmas and New Year.
• Pension scheme membership (after initial probationary period)
• Life and Accident insurance
• Group income protection scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• Critical Illness Cover
• Wellbeing Allowance
• Access to Peppy for you and your partner
• 1 paid volunteering day per year to help give back to our local communities
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
• Interest Free Rental Deposit Loan
• Employee assistance programme
• Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
• Professional subscription (MRICS/MRTPI) paid for by the firm
Alongside our competitive compensation and benefits package we offer all our staff the ongoing opportunities to learn and develop, through in-house CPD sessions, further education support as well as internal and external training programmes. Gerald Eve encourage pro-bono work and volunteering as well as regular social and sporting activities to engage with all your colleagues.
Your progression will be supported and guided by managers and mentors using a transparent framework so you can clearly see what you need to do to get to where you want to be.
The Firm’s core hours are from 10.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. and you may choose to start and end your day around these hours, provided you still do your 7.25 hours per day (e.g. 8.00 am – 4.30pm, 10.00 am – 6.30 pm). There is no requirement for this to be the same each day, but you are required to keep your manager informed. This position also involves out of hours working on an ‘as necessary’ basis. We are open to considering flexible working arrangements for everyone; this can be discussed during the application process or upon commencement.
The firm is an equal opportunities employer and applications from persons belonging to minority groups are encouraged.
Your personal data submitted and processed in relation to this job application will be stored and processed securely in accordance with our Data Protection policy. By submitting an application you are agreeing to your data being used, stored and processed for the purpose of recruitment.
The terms and conditions of this appointment may be varied by the firm to meet business requirements and/or to meet changes in best practice or legal requirements.