The HR team is a team of 9, including this role. As ambassadors of the culture at Gerald Eve, HR aims to offer a best in class level of service across the firm, in an approachable and friendly way. The team is structured to provide generalist support to all areas of the business as well as take part in strategic projects. We are at an exciting point in time, navigating new ways of working as the firm looks to grow and the HR team are central in managing a wide range of projects to drive process improvement.
This role will take be responsible for all generalist HR within the firm. As a Senior HR Manager you will have your own dedicated business groups to look after and act as a sounding board and manager for two HR Managers. You will be a key member in the team for inputting into HR strategy and projects that will add value to the business as we grow.
We are a small and busy team, and central to our success is ongoing process improvement and the ability to provide a proactive HR service to the firm, it is critical that this role can drive this change forward. The role will deputise for the HR Director, and will be supported by 2 HR managers who are in turn supported by an HR Advisor each.
- Provide expert HR knowledge to designated business groups
- Have responsibility for designated business groups and all their HR needs, delegating to HR advisor and HR Assistant where appropriate
- Work closely with Partners to provide long term, proactive, people planning including talent management, succession planning, budgeting, recruitment and analysing training & development needs.
- Assist in the creation, roll out and implementation of new processes and process improvement
- Improve our use and analysis of data to help improve people-related decision making and reporting
- Oversee and input into the annual processes such as performance management and salary review for your business groups
- Coach Partners through employee relations, change management and difficult conversations
- Lead on HR projects such as updating our talent management and performance management processes, our HR System, and our competency frameworks
- Ad hoc requirements as needed by the business and in line with your role
- Input into and help implement the HR Strategy for the firm alongside the HR Director
- Have experience of HR Operations in mid-sized and larger firms and can bring new ideas and knowledge
- Up to date knowledge of employment law and best practice
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to quickly gain trust and credibility by providing sound, practical advice
- Experience working in an LLP is advantageous
- A passion for generalist HR – happy to muck in as well as able to stand back and provide more strategic advice and insight
- Experience managing and mentoring HR professionals
- Be commercially minded and can use this to provide appropriate advice as well as challenge
- Ability to demonstrate your ability to deliver and drive change
- Exemplary stakeholder management skills
- Highly numerical and analytical
- Personable and friendly style
Salary and benefits
• Salary: competitive based on market, professional experience and qualifications
• Car allowance
• Performance related staff profit share scheme
• 26 days’ holiday, plus Bank Holidays and days at Christmas and New Year.
• Pension scheme membership (after initial probationary period)
• Life and Accident insurance
• Group income protection scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• Critical Illness Cover
• Wellbeing Allowance
• Access to Peppy for you and your partner
• 1 paid volunteering day per year to help give back to our local communities
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
• Interest Free Rental Deposit Loan
• Employee assistance programme
• Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
Alongside our competitive compensation and benefits package we offer all our staff the ongoing opportunities to learn and develop, through in-house CPD sessions, further education support as well as internal and external training programmes. Gerald Eve encourage pro-bono work and volunteering as well as regular social and sporting activities to engage with all your colleagues.
Your progression will be supported and guided by managers and mentors using a transparent framework so you can clearly see what you need to do to get to where you want to be.
Hybrid working and core hours
Our hybrid working policy outlines staff to be in the office for 3 days per week, with 2 days working from home. In our London offices, our desk booking app allows you to plan ahead, and book your desk up to 3 weeks ahead. We also offer great flexibility around our core hours, which are from 10.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. You can choose to start and end your day around these hours, provided you still do your 7.25 hours per day (e.g. 8.00 am – 4.30pm, 10.00 am – 6.30 pm). There is no requirement for this to be the same each day, but you are required to keep your manager informed. This position also involves out of hours working on an ‘as necessary’ basis. We are open to considering flexible working arrangements for everyone; this can be discussed during the application process or upon commencement.
Please note shortlisting of CVs will not take place until week commencing 17 January 2022