About the Job
Our Offices Lease Consultancy team currently comprises 7 fee earners (3 partners) and forms part of our offices team. The Offices team currently comprises 40 fee earners based in the City and West End offices. The team is responsible for all agency, investment, lease consultancy and rating covering the office sector in London and the South East. The team is passionate about providing our blue-chip client base with creative but practical solutions and options, working to create long-term, enduring relationships which will generate added value for our clients.
The lease consultancy team has an enviable record of acting on major properties in London and the South East. Our largest current instruction for instance is in respect of an 800,000 sq ft City of London office building. We act for both landlords and tenants and provide a range of lease related advice ranging from rent reviews and lease renewals to general lease
consultancy work, renegotiation of leases and s18 damage to reversion valuations.
We are looking for a Surveyor/Senior Surveyor join the team. Whilst previous experience of lease consultancy work would be an advantage, it isn’t essential – we can train you to deal with this type of work. But you must have an enthusiasm for this type of work and demonstrate that you have the attributes to succeed within this specialism. The individual will get involved supporting a lead partner on some of the largest disputes ongoing in London as well as (subject to experience) dealing with own case load. The team is friendly and supportive and work collectively and collaboratively to succeed as a team. The job will involve working from both of our London offices in the West End and the City of London.
• To assist with development of the offices lease consultancy business with investors, funds and occupiers.
• Negotiation of rent reviews, lease renewals and regears on behalf of landlords and tenants. Assisting with expert witness work on a variety of disputes.
• To carry out property inspections, conduct negotiations and, where required, prepare third party submissions.
• Supporting one of the partners on large instructions but dealing with own case load in addition.
• To use strong research and analytical skills to identify and interpret market rental evidence.
• To use good organisational skills to manage and prioritise a busy and developing caseload.
• To be a strong and effective negotiator on the client's behalf, to develop effective and long lasting relationships with our clients, using exceptional rapport building, questioning and summarising skills.
• To develop and maintain a strong network of internal and external contacts and to use these contacts in order to further develop business for Gerald Eve.
• MRICS qualification
• Commercial awareness
• An enquiring mind
• Strong negotiation skills
• Ability to work on own initiative whilst being an excellent team player
• Proven IT skills, including proficient use of Microsoft Office.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, coupled with an eye for detail, a commitment to excellence and developing strong client relationships.
• A proactive, flexible and self-motivated approach with a real desire to deliver excellent customer service.
• Full driving licence
• These attributes: be well organised, efficient, use initiative comfortable delivering to deadlines.
Ideally will have
• Experience of dealing with lease consultancy related matters with good technical knowledge including relevant legislation and case law
• An understanding of the office market.
Salary and benefits
• Salary: competitive based on market, professional experience and qualifications
• Travel allowance
• Performance related staff profit share scheme
• 26 days’ holiday, plus Bank Holidays and days at Christmas and New Year.
• Pension scheme membership (after initial probationary period)
• Life and Accident insurance
• Group income protection scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• Critical Illness Cover
• Wellbeing Allowance
• Access to Peppy for you and your partner
• 1 paid volunteering day per year to help give back to our local communities
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
• Interest Free Rental Deposit Loan
• Employee assistance programme
• Enhanced maternity and paternity pay after two years’ service
• Professional subscription (MRICS) paid for by the firm
Alongside our competitive compensation and benefits package we offer all our staff the ongoing opportunities to learn and develop, through in-house CPD sessions, further education support as well as internal and external training programmes. Gerald Eve encourage pro-bono work and volunteering as well as regular social and sporting activities to engage with all your colleagues. Your progression will be supported and guided by managers and mentors using a transparent framework so you can clearly see what
you need to do to get to where you want to be.
Hybrid working and core hours
Our hybrid working policy allows staff to work from home 2 days per week subject to manager’s approval. In our London offices, our desk booking app allows you to plan ahead, and book your desk up to a week ahead. We also offer great flexibility around our core hours, which are from 10.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. You can choose to start and end your day around these hours, provided you still do your 7.25 hours per day (e.g. 8.00 am – 4.30pm, 10.00 am – 6.30 pm). There is no requirement for this to be the same each day, but you are required to keep your manager informed. This position also involves out of hours working on an ‘as necessary’ basis. We are open to considering flexible working arrangements for everyone; this can be discussed during the application process or upon commencement.
Please log in below using your existing username and password - once logged-in, you will be presented with a menu of options.
If you have not already registered, then please register now.