The wider Retail team is made up of 14 people, inclusive of 5 Partners, 5 other fee earners (including this vacancy), 2 trainees and 2
administrators. The Firm’s rating team comprises about 80 individuals and there is close liaison across this wider team, many of
whom are located in our national offices. We are seeking an additional resource at Surveyor/Senior Surveyor level in order to maintain client and business requirements and
to progress checks and challenges submitted on the 2017 rating list, and prepare for the 2023 revaluation.
• Developing relationships with existing clients
• Contract management
• Progressing checks and challenges to a conclusion
• Developing and maintaining a strong network of internal and external contacts
• MRICS/ Tech RICS/ IRRV qualified
• Technical knowledge including relevant legislation and case law
• Technical knowledge in valuing a range of property types, experience in retail would be highly desirable
• Commercially aware
• Strong negotiation skills
• Ability to work on own initiative whilst being an excellent team player
• Proven IT skills, including proficient use of Microsoft Office.
• Well organised, efficient, using initiative and working to tight deadlines.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, coupled with an eye for detail, a commitment to excellence
and developing strong client relationships.
• Proactive, flexible and self-motivated with a real desire to deliver excellent customer service.
• Full driving licence
Salary and benefits
• Salary: competitive based on market, professional experience and qualifications
• Performance related staff profit share scheme
• 26 days’ holiday, plus Bank Holidays and days at Christmas and New Year
• Pension scheme membership (after initial probationary period)
• Life and Accident insurance
• Group income protection scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• Critical Illness Cover
• Wellbeing Allowance
• Access to Peppy for you and your partner
• 1 paid volunteering day per year to help give back to our local communities
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
• Interest Free Rental Deposit Loan
• Employee assistance programme
• Enhanced maternity and paternity pay after two years’ service
Alongside our competitive compensation and benefits package we offer all our staff the ongoing opportunities to learn and develop, through in-house CPD sessions, further education support as well as internal and external training programmes. Gerald Eve encourage pro-bono work and volunteering as well as regular social and sporting activities to engage with all your colleagues. Your progression will be supported and guided by managers and mentors using a transparent framework so you can clearly see what
you need to do to get to where you want to be.
Hybrid working and core hours
Our hybrid working policy outlines staff to be in the office for 3 days per week, with 2 days working from home. In our London offices, our desk booking app allows you to plan ahead, and book your desk up to 3 weeks ahead. We also offer great flexibility around our core hours, which are from 10.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. You can choose to start and end your day around these hours, provided you still do your 7.25 hours per day (e.g. 8.00 am – 4.30pm, 10.00 am – 6.30 pm). There is no requirement for this to be the same each day, but you are required to keep your manager informed. This position also involves out of hours working on an ‘as necessary’ basis. We are open to considering flexible working arrangements for everyone; this can be discussed during the application process or upon commencement.
The firm is an equal opportunities employer and applications from persons belonging to minority groups are encouraged.