About the Job
This role will sit across our Finance and HR teams, these are busy teams who are looking to make process improvement to make efficiencies in the way we work. The teams deal with a lot of queries from the business on a daily basis as well as carrying our operational and strategic tasks to support the firm in its growth. The teams together are nearly 25 people, based in our London West End office.
This is a new role which has been created to help manage large amounts of administration that the teams process. The role is offered on a 12 month FTC basis. This is an opportunity for a very well organised, experienced administrator to make a real impact – to make teams operate more effectively, free up managers time to focus on other business priorities and help make our processes more streamlined.
Finance Team Administration:
- Compiling regular reports and distributing to correct individuals – these reports include regular reports to the bank
- Creating and editing PDF reports in Adobe
- Updating the fixed asset register
HR Team Administration:
- Processing benefits for payroll and with suppliers for example season ticket loans, insurance scheme joiners/changes, wellbeing allowance.
- Sending monthly reports to benefit providers
- Monthly pension enrolment process
- Updating HR systems with data changes
- Coordinating training sessions; booking rooms, sending invites, liaising with providers and delegates
- Resetting Cascade (HR System) passwords
- Running reports and collating data
- Checking invoices against budget, coding correctly and processing for approval with HR, Finance and ICT Development
Email inbox management:
- Setting up rules, processes and maintaining the inbox of the Financial Controller – this is a busy inbox that requires prioritization, cleansing and delegating tasks
- Replying to queries in the HR support inbox that relate to benefit and training administration
- Room booking and meeting coordination for HR Director and Financial Controller
- Ad hoc administration tasks as and when they arise
- To succeed in this role you will be an experienced administrator who has worked in either a finance or HR team before
- Strong numerical skills and excellent attention to detail are necessary
- Comfortable with excel, creating tables, using formula, collating and organising data. Analysis skills would be beneficial
- Previous work with payroll or finance data would be advantageous
- Confidentiality is key, you will be trusted with sensitive data that you must keep confidential and follow data protection procedures
- Excellent administrative skills – organised, able to see how to improve processes, excellent communication skills
- Personable and approachable
- Happy to be adaptable and flexible across the two teams, deploying skills in priorisisation and time management
Salary and benefits
• Salary: competitive based on market, professional experience and qualifications
• Performance related staff profit share scheme
• 26 days’ holiday per year (full time amount), plus Bank Holidays and days at Christmas and New Year.
• Pension scheme membership (after initial probationary period)
• Life and Accident insurance
• Group income protection scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• Critical Illness Cover
• Wellbeing Allowance
• Access to Peppy for you and your partner
• 1 paid volunteering day per year to help give back to our local communities
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
• Interest Free Rental Deposit Loan
• Employee assistance programme
• Enhanced maternity and paternity pay after passing probation
Alongside our competitive compensation and benefits package we offer all our staff the ongoing opportunities to learn and develop, through in-house CPD sessions, further education support as well as internal and external training programmes. Gerald Eve encourage pro-bono work and volunteering as well as regular social and sporting activities to engage with all your colleagues.
Your progression will be supported and guided by managers and mentors using a transparent framework so you can clearly see what you need to do to get to where you want to be.
Hybrid working and core hours
Our hybrid working policy outlines staff to be in the office for 3 days per week, with 2 days working from home. To start with (during probation) we would ask that this role is 4 days in the office whilst you get to know the teams and duties.
In our London offices, our desk booking app allows you to plan ahead, and book your desk up to 3 weeks ahead. We also offer great flexibility around our core hours, which are from 10.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. You can choose to start and end your day around these hours, provided you still do your 7.25 hours per day (e.g. 8.00 am – 4.30pm, 10.00 am – 6.30 pm). There is no requirement for this to be the same each day, but you are required to keep your manager informed. This position also involves out of hours working on an ‘as necessary’ basis. We are open to considering flexible working arrangements for everyone; this can be discussed during the application process or upon commencement.
The firm is an equal opportunities employer and applications from persons belonging to minority groups are encouraged.
Your personal data submitted and processed in relation to this job application will be stored and processed securely in accordance with our Data Protection policy. By submitting an application you are agreeing to your data being used, stored and processed for the purpose of recruitment.
The terms and conditions of this appointment may be varied by the firm to meet business requirements and/or to meet changes in best practice or legal requirements.
Please log in below using your existing username and password - once logged-in, you will be presented with a menu of options.
If you have not already registered, then please register now.