Gerald Eve’s central business rates administration team currently comprises of 8 individuals across Leeds, Manchester and Birmingham. This role will have a focus on business rates administration that comes from our Industrial team, at least in the short term, but there is an expectation that this person will pick up additional work as required to help with capacity and resources.
The role will include responsibility for the data entry and maintenance of the firm’s bespoke database system Sesame. Where necessary, training will be given on the database system and rating administration.
• Entering new instructions, clients and contacts onto the CRM database.
• Entering and maintaining accurate up-to-date rating information on the firm’s extensive rating database.
• Maintaining accurate up-to-date record of departmental billing, both YTD and forecast.
• Preparing and generating invoices and billing guides from the firm’s computerised invoicing system.
• Pursuing rates refunds and issue of Notices from the Valuation Office Agency and Billing Authorities.
• Preparation of Valuation, Proof of Evidence and other reports as required.
• Tracking issued invoices and ensuring prompt payment.
• Ensuring Surveyors comply with the policies of the firm’s Quality Assurance certificate ISO 9001:2008.
• Regular and ad-hoc financial/rating reporting (internal and client facing).
• Liaising directly with clients on admin issues.
• Drafting correspondence under the direction of the Partners or Associates concerned.
• Copy typing using Word 2010.
• Taking and dealing with incoming telephone calls.
• Dealing with incoming and outgoing mail.
• Filing, photocopying, binding.
• General office duties as allocated by the Office Administrator to ensure the smooth running of the department.
• Working closely with the Office Administrator to provide an efficient support team for the office.
• Covering the Office Administrator and other secretarial duties over holiday periods.
• Organising diaries for the team (via Outlook), making meeting and travel arrangements, organising refreshments at meetings, as necessary.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• High-level administration and organisational skills to prioritise and ensure work is processed and commitments are met to agreed deadlines. Previous experience in an administration role is highly desirable.
• Commitment to developing technical knowledge and understanding of the professional environment in which clients and fee-earners operate and the issues which they face.
• Excellent IT skills, including Microsoft Excel and Word and experience of working with databases. Strong data-entry skills required.
• Good numeracy skills and confidence working with data.
• Fast and accurate typing (60wpm+).
• Accurate and with an eye for detail.
• Able to use initiative to resolve problems.
• Experience in similar role in small to medium sized organisation essential. Having worked in a professional / partnership environment would also be helpful however not essential.
• Flexible and self-motivated with a real desire to deliver excellent customer service.
• Capable of working in a team and without supervision.
Salary and benefits
• Salary: competitive based on market, professional experience and qualifications
• Performance related staff profit share scheme
• 26 days’ holiday, plus Bank Holidays and days at Christmas and New Year.
• Pension scheme membership (after initial probationary period)
• Life and Accident insurance
• Group income protection scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• Critical Illness Cover
• Wellbeing Allowance
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
• Interest Free Rental Deposit Loan
• Employee assistance programme
• Enhanced maternity and paternity pay after two years’ service
Alongside our competitive compensation and benefits package we offer all our staff the ongoing opportunities to learn and develop, through in-house CPD sessions, further education support as well as internal and external training programmes. Gerald Eve encourage pro-bono work and volunteering as well as regular social and sporting activities to engage with all your colleagues. Your progression will be supported and guided by managers and mentors using a transparent framework so you can clearly see what you need to do to get to where you want to be.
The Firm’s core hours are from 10.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. and you may choose to start and end your day around these hours, provided you still do your 7.25 hours per day (e.g. 8.00 am - 4.30pm, 10.00 am - 6.30 pm). There is no requirement for this to be the same each day, but you are required to keep your manager informed. This position also involves out of hours working on an 'as necessary’ basis. We are open to considering flexible working arrangements for everyone; this can be discussed during the application process or upon commencement.